Distance from Venice train station to Splendour

Hi,

I originally posted this on the RCCL message board but someone suggested I would do better here which is probably right.

Does anyone know the distance between the train station and where the Splendour of the Seas is docked?

Also, what is the best way to to get from the station to the Spendour of the Seas? There will be 5 of us, 3 in there 80's so I don't want to walk it as someone on the other board had suggested. Thanks.

The ships are docked about 2 miles from the main water bus station-Piezzole Roma. The water buses go to many places along the Grand Canal and frequently. You can even go the Murano. Tickets are 13Eu for 12 hours, or 15Eu for 24 hours. You can get on/off as many times as you want. To get to the bus station, there is a free shuttle run by the Port Authority for 1.5 miles. That means the walk to the shuttle bus is .5 mile. When we went with NCL, it has a shuttle to San Marco directly for 15Eu return. It picks you up when you are off the ship, very convenient, almost no walking. After San Marco, you might consider the water bus. Hope this helps.

There is no direct transportation from the train station to the docks.

There is however, a train station not far from piazzle Roma. Now here is what you have to do. When you leave the train station- proceed to your left to a bridge. Go over the bridge and go to your right. Then there will be another bridge. You will go over this bridge and go to your immediate left. From there you will see Piazzle Roma on your right. From there you can take a land taxi to the dock ( 1.5 miles).

Venice is a city of walkers. I have been there six times now and have often wondered why there aren't people on the streets offering to carry your bags for a fee. They could make a killing!

Hello..

Although it would be more expensive, the most practical way for a group with three 80 year olds with luggage is to simply grab a water taxi at the station and go directly to the ship's dock. With a call to the ship, they will send a porter to help with the luggage and get everyone aboard.

Venice is a walking city, but in this case, it might be more prudent to take the most direct and easy approach.

My two cents...

murphysmum;) ;)

Archived