Historic Harbor Cruise & Discover Atlantis

kaj2870

I want to know if paying $52.00 p.p. for 4 people is worth it to tour the Atlantis Resort as Royal Caribbean's shore excursion.The excursion consist of a relaxing and informative harbor cruise to view Nassau from the water while your Bahamian host explains the sites and history of the island. Along the way, see historical forts, privately owned cays, pirate lookouts, famous homes and more. Afterwards, you will be dropped off at the Paradise island Ferry Terminal for your tour at the Atlantis Resort. I mostly want to see the Aquarium and the lobby of Atlantis. Is anyone familiar with the big chair called the Atlantis Throne?

Thanks in advance for all input.

kaj2870

We did this excursion on our Galaxy cruise 03/04. I can tell you that the Harbor tour over to the Atlantis Resort was disappointing....I don't know if it was due to the rough waters but basically they just transported us over....they did have someone there speaking but you could hardly hear her. Now we really did enjoy the tour of the Atlantis Resort. I actually got my picture sitting in the throne....I am 5'10" and felt like Edith Ann in the chair. Our time was limited in Nassua but we have two cruises coming up so we plan on going back.

LDeBord

Hi! Thanks for the input. So basically the Atlantis Resort tour won over the historical cruise, huh? Is that the only way we will be able to see the Atlantis Resort by booking the shore excursion? The last time my husband and I went back in 11/2002, we rented a scooter and rode to Paradise Island and explored other parts of Nassau.

kaj2870

I don't know if the Harbor Cruise part was cut short because of the rough waters but I can say that part was not what was described in the excursion book. I know that there were Ferrys going over and back from the Atlantis Resort but I don't know if they give tours once there. I don't remember what the book offers anymore but if they just have the Atlantis Resort tour I would take it....the personal tour around the resort was awesome....and like I said....maybe we didn't get the entire excursion because it was really windy that day. It would have been nice to cruise down the harbor.....but to answer your question....we loved the Atlantis Resort tour....it is gorgeous there and the underground aquariums were unbelievable....they have a slide that goes right through the shark tank. Sometimes on the travel channel they show the Atlantis Resort...I have seen it a couple times....it was really neat to watch and remember all that we saw in person.

Luci

Archived