Thrifty Car Rental in Honolulu

nobbync

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from the 15 day Circle Hawaii Cruise on Zaandam and thought I'd pass along some useful information regarding a car rental in Honolulu. I reserved our car using that Hawaii discount car rental place that some people have suggested on these boards. We got off the ship and went over to the car rental vans and hoped on the Thrifty shuttle. I thought we were supposed to get the car at the airport but the shuttle dropped us off at the Waikiki location. I really didn't think much about it. When I checked in the agent told me our car is at the airport location but she did have an extra car and gave it to me at the same price. She said lots of times they don't have extra cars and we would have waisted another hour waiting for the shuttles to get back to the ship and airport.

Also if you end up renting at the Waikiki location their last shuttle goes back to the ship at 2:30 pm so if you do rent from this location and drop off after 2:30 you need to find your way back to the ship yourself... I just wanted to let everyone know for future information. Just ask the shuttle if they are going to the airport or Waikiki location before boarding.

Nobby

Archived