New review posted on POH

auntsister

I was on the 9/17/07 sailing of the POH and just wrote my review. I have been so busy since my return and also was a little intimidated by all the other great reviews. We had a great trip even though I was afraid since reading the negatives. If you just focus on the beauty of the islands you will enjoy the trip! The service was great for us but I can understand the negative reviews on the food. It was edible but certainly nothing special. They need some really good desserts, especially chocolate!

The 2 excursions we loved were the Molokini Crater Snorkel in Maui and the Discover Jungle Falls by Kayak, both through NCL.

We loved sitting on our balcony and now I am spoiled. This was our first cruise and we will now want to have a balcony for any future cruises!

Hi. My review is under member reviews, look under member showcase on boards page. We loved our trip, can't wait to go back. The POH is a beautiful ship and we had great service from the crew. The food wasn't great but it was ok. Go to a McDonalds while you are there ( I can't believe I am saying this, I don't even eat there on the mainland!) and try a haupia pie. They were so good! I have been wanting one ever since our return 1 month ago! If you have any questions just ask. This is my first review and I don't do alot of writing on the boards but I really appreciated all the tips I got on these boards! Our trip wouldn't have been near as good as it was if I hadn't found this site!

HA! i can't believe someone admitted to doing what I did, which was go to a McD's in Hawaii. i had read about Spam at McD's on these boards and had to see for myself. We had a rental car day on Maui, so we found a McD's and sure enough Spam everything! Which I didn't get, but I did get a Haupia Pie (served like our Apple Pies at McD's) and it was great! Shock and shame at the same time...

Archived