First Day Adventure Ocean

Brenda33

Hi all,

I am curious about the first day of Adventure Ocean for 6 year olds. I do believe I read that there are no activities without parents the first day. However, my question is do they still have the late night babysitting at 10 p.m. til 1 a.m. on the first night? Thanks for all your help. :)

We were on the Sovereign in Oct with our 5 yr old son. I know that there is an orientation in the early evening on the first day. I am almost positive that the evening is open in the Adventure Ocean program. If it is not for some reason, there is always in room babysitting. You can sign up for it at Guest Relations. However, with a 6 yr old the babysitting may be boring unless he/she has an Ipod, PSP, Gameboy, etc...

Sorry I can be more definative. I see that you are leaving in 12 months, so you have plenty of time. I am going on the Sovereign for the kids Spring Break April 7-11, which is in 5 months. I will know for sure then. :D

Nope, not on our sailing. I am attaching the schedule here...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?action=view&current=AO-FOS-Day1-6-8.jpg

All parents must attend the first night, no babysitting. Then at 10pm there was a Family Disco and at 11:15pm they had a Party Around the World Parade on Deck 5, promenade.

Thank you for the info. I am glad to see that there is an area where kids can still go the first night....like the family disco. Is this the only night there is no babysitting?

Yes, that's the only night there won't be babysitting. Here are the rest of the schedules if you want to see them. Just look for the 6-8 age.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=20

Archived