1st TIME CRUISER ON INSPIRATION WITH ?'s

ProvGirl27

We live in Trinity (15 miles south of Spring Hill), we were aboard the Inspiration last spring and will be again in about a week.

We left the house on at 9:30 and we were on the lido deck(free lunch you paid for it why miss it), vacation started by 11:30.

No line for check in, we waited for boarding for maybe 20 minutes.

The ship does not leave port until 4 but who cares, I am on the ship and on vacation...who cares if it is moving,

We will be leaving Monday after next at 9:30 also, hitting the ship asap, sitting around on a cruise is half the fun.

Secondly.. we are going out of Tampa... our ship leaves at 4:00PM. I want to book a limo to bring us from Spring Hill.. but Im not sure what time to tell him to pick us up... Spring Hill is about an hour away..

I work in Boston's Port Authority.. and Im a police officer there... We deal with all the cruise ships, and see people boarding 1 hour before and having no lines... then I see people arriving at 0800 for a 1600 ship... I just don't want to wait around... Does anyone know if Tampa's Port has police there or just security?

Thirdly... I was thinking about booking a day trip to Passion Island in Cozumel.. anyone ever do this.. and is it worth it.. I don't want to do the shopping thing... I know we will just want to do the beach.. and pools..

Thanks for your advice... and I can't wait to experience my first real cruise... I get jealous when I have to go on board these ships for Police Matters, and then have to get off...

Thanks again

-Jessica

I would suggest cosidering a Category 12 Suite.. There are 28 of them on this ship. They are 330 Sq ft plus a 70 Sq Ft Private Balcony(their are only 54 Balcony's on this ship) Carnival advertises that they hold 5 people.. Problem Solved! :-) They have a sofa bed as well as two twins that can become a King and I am sure they can fit a rollaway or two in it for you.. It will probably cost you about the same as two cabins (give or take a couple hundred) They have an EXCELLENT location on the Upper Deck Midship for the Nicest ride. It also has a Nice seating area as well as a HUGE vanity(we know how important that is for you girls:) ) As well as a Large Bathroom and Jacuzzi Tub.. The only problem is : These Suites are VERY popular for all the reasons I just gave and they may already be sold out for your cruise. I have one in February booked & they have been sold out on my cruise since Sept of this year.. Good Luck and Be safe out there.:D

I would suggest cosidering a Category 12 Suite.. There are 28 of them on this ship. They are 330 Sq ft plus a 70 Sq Ft Private Balcony(their are only 54 Balcony's on this ship) Carnival advertises that they hold 5 people.. Problem Solved! :-) They have a sofa bed as well as two twins that can become a King and I am sure they can fit a rollaway or two in it for you.. It will probably cost you about the same as two cabins (give or take a couple hundred) They have an EXCELLENT location on the Upper Deck Midship for the Nicest ride. It also has a Nice seating area as well as a HUGE vanity(we know how important that is for you girls:) ) As well as a Large Bathroom and Jacuzzi Tub.. The only problem is : These Suites are VERY popular for all the reasons I just gave and they may already be sold out for your cruise. I have one in February booked & they have been sold out on my cruise since Sept of this year.. Good Luck and Be safe out there.:D

With all respect to mr jailerman

Unless all 5 women are the outdoorsy-earthy type, that single bathroom in the suite will spoil the allure of that suite. Save your money and book two modest cabins, each with it's own bathroom.

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a fun place to spend the day just relaxin, eating and drinking:D , Hopefully we can find a van to get us there so we can all stay together. How far in advance should I book it on the website?

Do the cabins have refrigerators? Is there anything near the port of Tampa to do prior to boarding the ship? What time did you get on board?

Thanks again,

Elly

Archived