Serenade in June

Outofhere

We're getting ready to book a balcony room on the Serenade to Alaska on 6/7/08. Any last minute suggestions or comments on the ship, the time of year or anything else? Reading the posts on the Alaska board I don't see many people going RCCL. I've just been drawn to the Serenade since I started my research.

The Serenade was a wonderful ship for Alaska! 16 of us went late June last Summer. We spent many hours in the solarium watch the world go by. The captain did an excellent job of getting us close to Hubbard glacier. The food was good the the weather and scenery were outstanding. The ship was made for all weather conditions. We had an E2 balcony just behind the hump. It blocked the wind enough to be out there alot. Plan on using the stairs alot, the elevators were a little full most of the time.

We did this cruise is August. In my opinion the Serenade is the perfect ship to see Alaska. With all the glass there is amazing views everywhere, even in the elevator. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer and if you would like to see some pictures click on the link in my signature.

Sue

We did this cruise is August. In my opinion the Serenade is the perfect ship to see Alaska. With all the glass there is amazing views everywhere, even in the elevator. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer and if you would like to see some pictures click on the link in my signature.

Sue

I would definitely book RCCL over Princess going to Alaska. Princess now seems to cater to older people and everything Princess is not good as it used to be---I guess the Carnival ownership is changing its way of doing business with customers. I will never travel Princess again. THe trip cost be for 2 people about $10,000 and I would rather spend that kind of money traveling on another cruise line that really PERFORMS. I am booked on the Serenade of the Seas for a Southern Caribbean trip in late 2008. I have researched this trip and this ship and I believe you are making a wise choice going on this ship to beautiful Alaska. Stay away from Princess (unless you are in your 80's).

CincinnatiGal

The Serenade was a wonderful ship for Alaska! 16 of us went late June last Summer. We spent many hours in the solarium watch the world go by. The captain did an excellent job of getting us close to Hubbard glacier. The food was good the the weather and scenery were outstanding. The ship was made for all weather conditions. We had an E2 balcony just behind the hump. It blocked the wind enough to be out there alot. Plan on using the stairs alot, the elevators were a little full most of the time.

Cleocruiser, were you on the 6/30 - over the 4th of July? I think you were, I spoke with you once I think about myself going with a group of 16 as well :)

Well I did it and booked us on the Serenade for June to Alaska. I am so excited. Now I need to book airfare, a place to stay in Vancouver and check into excursions.

Now the real fun begins:) We did an Alaska cruise on the Serenade the beginning of July 06. It was our first ever cruise and one that we will never forget.

We too have sailed the Serenade to Alaska in June of 06 for not only our very first cruise ever, and our 10th wedding anniversary. You will LOVE the ship it is beautifull. We also had a hump cabin on the back/aft side. Be prepared for very cold temps when you are at Hubbard Glacier. So as far as clothes goes, Layer Layer Layer. If you get too warm just peel off a layer. If you have any particular questions just ask.

Jane

Archived