Taking Spirts on board Celebration

Does anyone know Thomson's Policy on taking spirits on board? Can these be carried on in hand luggage or do they have to be smuggled as on other cruise lines? I ask because my hubby is fond of a pre-dinner dram in the cabin.

Does anyone know Thomson's Policy on taking spirits on board? Can these be carried on in hand luggage or do they have to be smuggled as on other cruise lines? I ask because my hubby is fond of a pre-dinner dram in the cabin.

I don't know the policy but did see many a Duty Free shop plastic carrier bag coming up the gangway. Can't say what happened after that though.

If the said aperitif is out of view in the hand luggage, who's to know ?

Chin chin ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hi

dont know the policy on thomson but i know the duty free alcohol on board is pretty good value and many of the people we met were buying on board and drinking it in their rooms.

enjoy your cruise, we are going with carnival this year but love thomson

sam

Hi,

We were on Thomson Destiny over Easter and I did have my holdall checked on my return to the ship. Perhaps I have one of those faces, however I did see other people having their carrier bags checked as well. Prices in the onboard shop were pretty good though, most people we spoke to bought the alcohol on board and the mixers when ashore.

Enjoy your cruise, Cheers Chris

When we went to Gibraltar on Celebration last summer for some duty free shopping we asked how much could we bring back on board and we told 'as much as you can carry' Lol! so we did! They didnt seem to check coming back on board

no problem, your steward will even bring the ice!

Archived