Explorer to leave Port of Miami at 10:00PM Sunday

About time they realized that no flights were getting people to Miami before 5:00PM. Good save on their part!! They would have lost hundreds of loyal passengers if they actually kept the cruise leaving ontime. Hopefully all will make it safely....and on time. Many drinks will be had by all once we step foot onboard tomorrow!! :) Good Luck!

cruisemann...how are you getting to Miami tomorrow with all the airports closed? We're on the Explorer tomorrow too and are having difficulty figuring out how to get down there. Any advice??? Right now, our plan is to fly into Ft. Myers and rent a car and drive to Miami.

We leave out of Houston at 11:00am, arriving MIA at 2:45. Miami airport is NOT CLOSED. I was watching a live webcast on the NBC affiliate in Miami about an hour ago......they were saying that the airport has contacted all its employees today and told them to report to work at the beginning of their next shift. They mentioned that the airport is not closed (nor has it closed at all the last couple days). It's the airlines choice if they want their aircraft at the airport. American has cancelled all flights today to MIA and FLL, and many early AM flights tomorrow (they don't want their aircraft in danger).....but they are scheduled to resume operation in the morning to South Florida. Hope all works out for you!

I have a friend who's on the Explorer right now. If the hurricane continues as it is now, do you think Explorer will be able to dock tomorrow morning? And if so, where will all those people go if the hotels are airports are closed? I wouldn't count on Explorer leaving Miami at 5 or even 10pm tomorrow unless conditions drastically change. Good luck to all of you anticipating a cruise tomorrow, it's still uncertain what will happen, and I hope RCI does the right thing for everyone involved.

My thoughts are with all the people in Florida being devastated by the wind and flooding. From the pictures on the news right now, it looks pretty frightening, and this is only the outskirts of the storm. I hate to think of the damage which will occur when the full force of the storm hits!

Sharon H.

I wish they would just delay it till Tuesday. The last thing I want to do is fly into a hurricane? Its not really fare to the residents of Florida. All the flights are pretty gone since they took so much time deciding. I still don't know what to do.

Daweber02::

One more thing. I would be careful about Ft. Myers/Tampa area. Storm is heading that direction tomorrow. Plus, many places are out of gas....roads are closed.....and many that evacuated extreme South Florida may be on their way home because the threat level has decreased. If roads are open, they will be congested. GOOD LUCK!

Bythehex::

Miami is only getting moderate rain and winds today.....which are expected to diminish tonight (unless Frances continues to stall). RCCL stated that the Explorer will arrive late afternoon tomorrow and depart at 10:00pm. I agree......we probably won't depart until the wee hours of Monday morning....but they have to give a definitive time for their passengers to shoot for. Can't just leave things open ended

As for hotels and such in Miami tomorrow.....the mayor has stated that things will slowly get back to normal tomorrow, as the threat to Miami has decreased substantially.

Archived