Tour Guide Recommendations for St. Martin (MERGED)

Irish708

Had the pleasure of meeting the very special Joyce Prince last week. We had booked with her last year, and had been so looking forward to to meeting her. Our tour was great! She is a wonderful lady, and made the day memorable for my family.

She is informative, personable, and accomodated all requests with a smile. My 8 year old was not feeling well, and she was very warm, and loving towards him.

Had a great day, with a great lady! Hope we meet again !:D

I just emailed her. I hope she's not booked up for December. It seems she's quite popular around here and gets booked very quickly.

Where did she take you and what did you do? Was it just your family? I'm sure my hubby and I will be in a group with others but that's fine unless she does tours just for two. At any rate, I hope we can book with Joyce. I'm anxious to hear back from her.

Shopping is a huge thing for me. We went to Rimas,and then to Front Street, toured the French side, made a side trip to a fort, and ended at Orient Beach, where Joyce later picked us up. She is very open to doing whatever you desire.

There was another family with us, who were friends traveling with their children as well. There were 8 of us in total, but she mentioned that normally she does not take this large of a group.

A truly wonderful day :D You will love her!

Tell Joyce Helen says hello!

Darn it! She's already booked. I checked the cruisecal calendar and from what I can tell, there are only 2 ships in that day. Oh well. I'm gonna email her back and she if she has any suggestions. Maybe she has a buddy or a good friend she might be able to recommend.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Lynette is the sweetest, kindess lady I have ever met.

We had no idea what we wanted to do, all we told her was we wanted to see the island. And see the island we did.

The only thing we really wanted to do was get to Maho beach...we got there with time to spare...saw 2 large planes and several small ones. Lynette took us everywhere.

We didn't want to sit at beaches, or shop since we have never been to St Martin. She gave us the grand tour, from about 9am to 3ish.

You can't go wrong booking with No Rush tours and with Lynette.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer.

I am glad you posted! We booked with Beau and he emailed me to tell me Lynette would be doing our tour...we will be in St. Martin in a few weeks and since it is our first time there what were some of the highlights of your day?

Maho Beach! Watching those planes come in was really fun! We stopped and got out and walked along orient beach...not the nude part. That was nice. Like I said we didn't want to spend the day at the beach, just see the different ones..and we didn't want to spend our time shopping either.

She also took us up to the Fort(sorry name escapes me right now) and DD and I walked up to the top and took pictures...Lynette stayed at the bottom in the shade and waited for us.

She took us to this one picture spot, it was so beautiful. It was the first place she took us...

If you want to go high, she has this thing about driving the high, windy, roads.. she will take you up some but not the tallest ones.

She drove us out to Lattarie Farms for us to look around. We didn't go in, just wandered a bit. It was ok...we heard the people zipping..but to be honest I wasn't that impressed.

Actually a lot of our day was spent waiting for the planes at Maho. The tide was up so not a lot of sand time, but we had lunch at the "bar" right by the beach. Expensive but convienent. They have speakers that broadcast the airport tower, so you know when planes are coming in or leaving. We spent about 2 1/2 hours here!

Thanks for the tips! I do ike to go t the high points..........mainly for great photo ops but if she is uncomfortable I wouldnt push it........I am sure she can get us to many places for the photo's.

I did want to see Maho, I have read so much abut it. And Lattarie Farms didnt really catch my interist during my search.

The Fort did though...........can you tell me how hard it was to go up into? I have bad feet and have a really hard time with too many steps,steep steps, etc.

Anything else about your day you really enjoyed? I am getting so excited!

Thanks for the tips! I do ike to go t the high points..........mainly for great photo ops but if she is uncomfortable I wouldnt push it........I am sure she can get us to many places for the photo's.

I did want to see Maho, I have read so much abut it. And Lattarie Farms didnt really catch my interist during my search.

The Fort did though...........can you tell me how hard it was to go up into? I have bad feet and have a really hard time with too many steps,steep steps, etc.

Anything else about your day you really enjoyed? I am getting so excited!

It was unseasonably warm in St Martin the day we were there. There were quite a few stairs to climb up to the fort..but there are railings and you can take your time and you will be fine. DD and I stopped about half way up. But just think, coming down is the easy part! :D

She will take you to some high points...just not high places where there are lots of curves getting there.

I wish Iknew the name of the first place she stopped. It was gorgeous. I will look at my pictures and see if I took a pic of a name sign or something. You really need to go there!

You did? Which cruise line?

We were on Holland America's Amsterdam. I have a alot of photo's if you'd like I will email you some. One of the coolest things I remember...if I can narrow it down...was coming back trough the locks and having another ship going in the oppisite direction, we were on our balcony then and got a close view, it was so cool!

I think we will do the fort, if there is a rail I will be OK. OH YES see if you can find a name of that place!!!!! Thanks!

Dawn

Just wanted to let everyone know that Lynette is the sweetest, kindess lady I have ever met.

We had no idea what we wanted to do, all we told her was we wanted to see the island. And see the island we did.

The only thing we really wanted to do was get to Maho beach...we got there with time to spare...saw 2 large planes and several small ones. Lynette took us everywhere.

We didn't want to sit at beaches, or shop since we have never been to St Martin. She gave us the grand tour, from about 9am to 3ish.

You can't go wrong booking with No Rush tours and with Lynette.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer.

Glad it was a good experience, Cindy. We fly out tomorrow and will be with Lynette on Oct 4th. Were you able to pay with credit card, or was it cash only? How many went on your tour? It's just DH and I... I was a little confused about how much it is... the price listed... was it per person or for the whole tour? How much did you tip?

Marsha

Glad it was a good experience, Cindy. We fly out tomorrow and will be with Lynette on Oct 4th. Were you able to pay with credit card, or was it cash only? How many went on your tour? It's just DH and I... I was a little confused about how much it is... the price listed... was it per person or for the whole tour? How much did you tip?

Marsha

I hope you get online while on board. Sorry..I haven't been back to this thread. We paid in cash. the price we got from Beau was the total price. We didn't tip..we bought Lynette lunch. I hope that was ok...now it sounds kind of like I may have done the wrong thing.

We were on Holland America's Amsterdam. I have a alot of photo's if you'd like I will email you some. One of the coolest things I remember...if I can narrow it down...was coming back trough the locks and having another ship going in the oppisite direction, we were on our balcony then and got a close view, it was so cool!

I think we will do the fort, if there is a rail I will be OK. OH YES see if you can find a name of that place!!!!! Thanks!

Dawn

I would LOVE to see your pictures. I am getting very excited about our trip. My email is rmbringella @ aol dot com. If you don't mind, I would like to ask you some questions about your trip as well in an email?

I will look through my pictures for a sign for that spot. It was not a high spot, just a beautiful beach view.

Cindy,

Great! As soon as I get back from out of town I will email you some pictures......warning, I have ALOT of them so will send a few at a time. It may be this weekend though. Ask as many questions as you like when I email you..........i will answer what I can. Look for an email with PANAMA in the subject!

Dawn

Cindy,

Great! As soon as I get back from out of town I will email you some pictures......warning, I have ALOT of them so will send a few at a time. It may be this weekend though. Ask as many questions as you like when I email you..........i will answer what I can. Look for an email with PANAMA in the subject!

Dawn

Cool..Thanks Dawn! Looking forward to seeing them. Have a safe out of town trip!

We will be using no rush tours on our upcoming cruise as well. We are just the opposite, want to go to as many beaches as possible! We are beach lovers and have only been to the one by the pier in the past. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of St Martin.

I also want to see the planes. What time do the big ones start coming in? We'll have 2 8yo boys with us so that will be the highlight of their trip.

About the fort, is it something the boys would like?

Are there any tips you can give us?

I'm so excited I can hardly do anything but plan, plan, plan!

Hi vital1...

Here's a link to the Maho Beach Plane Flight Schedule. Scroll down the page and click on the Season line (timeframe) you'll be there. (probably High Season) Shows all the landing and take off times. Best time for "Large" planes is in the afternoon...smaller ones in morning.

http://www.bywindkal.com/SXMJets.html

The schedule comes up in a PDF format that you can print off.

Also go to www.YouTube.com and do a "Search" for Maho Beach. Many videos come up showing planes landing...really neat!!:D

We'll be at the "Sunset Bar & Restaurant" on "Maho Beach"... on Jan 20/08 with "Beau" from No Rush Tours...can't wait to see the planes "up close and personnel"!!:D The Sunset has a big deck which is under the flight path of all the planes... so it's like having a "front row" seat!!!

Your 2 son's are going to "love" this...something they will never forget, I'm sure!

Pat :)

The nice thing is they have the speakers that broadcast the airport tower, so you know a plane is coming in before you can even see it...this way you can prepare. The larger planes are further out...this is the tip we learned when we waited. If you see a speck, way, way , way out there then it is a large plane. They sometimes are not on time..as was the case the day we were there.

We will be using no rush tours on our upcoming cruise as well. We are just the opposite, want to go to as many beaches as possible! We are beach lovers and have only been to the one by the pier in the past. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of St Martin.

I also want to see the planes. What time do the big ones start coming in? We'll have 2 8yo boys with us so that will be the highlight of their trip.

About the fort, is it something the boys would like?

Are there any tips you can give us?

I'm so excited I can hardly do anything but plan, plan, plan!

I think the boys will enjoy it...up at the top they can run and play. Tell them to pretend they are pirates defending their land...there are nooks and crannies for them to "hide".

On St Thomas, try a Banana Daquirri. Very very good. I am not a drinker but I really enjoyed it.

The nice thing is they have the speakers that broadcast the airport tower, so you know a plane is coming in before you can even see it...this way you can prepare. The larger planes are further out...this is the tip we learned when we waited. If you see a speck, way, way , way out there then it is a large plane. They sometimes are not on time..as was the case the day we were there.

They were really off schedule last Wed when we were there. We got there at 1:00, and a jet finally came in at 2:20..... but it wasn't a "heavy", just a 737. Still thrilling though. We opted to live the rest via You Tube and call it a day instead of hanging around for a big jet.

Lynette was very sweet... great guide. We invited her to eat lunch with us and bought hers. Also tipped her $15. We met Beau at Maho, and he is so nice also. We went to Orient Beach where the nudes were hanging out (no pun intended)...as DH said... it's not exactly the same thrill as in the movies... senior citizens exposed....funny.

All in all, it was a great day and the best way to see St Maarten. Thumbs up to NoRush Tours and Lynette!

Marsha

Archived