Easiest Way to Hanauma Bay from POA?

cruisin'sz

I will be on POA on 2/2 and would like to do Hanauma Bay on Sunday 2/3 while the ship is still docked in Honolulu. What is the best way to get there - parking overnight apparently is very difficult so unless we'd pick up a car real early in the a.m., a car's out - is a bus or cab easy? Are there any tours that pick you up from the docks. Then, there's also the issue of renting snorkel equipment. Any suggestions as to how to make this excursion easier for us would be appreciated.

Hi Cruisin'sz.........

Michael & I will be on the same cruise feb 2 - and actually would like to go to Haunama bay on the Sunday a.m. as well. I thought it would be best to go quite early in the a.m. I've read that once the parking lot is full they stop people from going in until it clears out a bit. I was hoping that ncl would have an excursion arranged for that time - but no luck. Hopefully someone else will have good suggestions.

Archived