Balmoral 2/13/08 &/or 3/3/08

cricket03

We are sailing on both these itineraries. Anyone else joining us for either or both?

This is our first sailing with Fred Olsen line and are anticipating a good cruise from what I've read on this board.

Would welcome any hints for sailing with this line or what to expect. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Are you leaving the ship in Miami or staying onboard for the next go-round?

Do you live in Tenerife or just staying there before this cruise? Are you traveling with anyone else?

Sorry for all the questions. My husband and I are from Pennsylvania and are flying to London then staying over one night in Dover before the cruise just in case the weather in our area would delay any flights. Lucky you to already be in Tenerife!

We've not traveled on Cunard before and this is our first Fred Olsen cruise as I said before so we aren't quite sure what to expect even tho we've cruised a bit with other lines.

I noticed in the materials we just received that Fred Olsen has "themed" nights aboard ship. Enough already to pack without trying to do "themes". Tropical isn't too bad (except my husband does not like to wear tropical shirts) and the British night I can probably do something but the country western night I just don't know if I'm going to pack something extra for just 1 night! Most ships we've been on do tropical nights but the others are new to me. Oh well, we'll adjust.

Glad you're on board. LaVera

Hi laVera,

I am in Southampton. There is an offer here that allows you to get on the ship in Teneriffe instead of going from Dover. It makes it cheaper and I booked last minute. Don't have any details yet so I was interested in what you had to say. When I have all my documents, I will let you know the cabin number. I have friends who have been on Fred Olsen cruises and they have enjoyed them.

I leave in Miami so I hope the Country and Western ignt is before then. I myust pack my belt and silver buckle.

Maureen

It's amazing how a ship can offer a good deal to sail from another country!

No wonder you sail with Cunard so often - don't they leave from Southhampton? That'd make it really easy for you. I take it you sail a lot so you probably have lots of stories to share. Would love to hear them.

We just received our documents. We also booked fairly last minute - mid-November and booked a "guaranteed cabin" so we won't know which cabin we have until we board. We are on Deck 3.

What a great idea with just a belt and pretty buckle for western night. Might steal that idea if you don't mind. I was thinking also of a western motif scarf to add around my neck. I'm hoping to find my husband one of those western ties with a silver slide on it. That'd be easy to pack. I'm a pretty good packer and we take only one mid-ship case apiece within the weight restrictions and a carry-on. I'm up for the challenge of this cruise now that the holidays are over.

If you would like to communicate via email instead of thru this message board, please email me at lvwagner at verizon dot net

We are both retired. my husband, Russ, will be 81 the end of January and I'm 59. Age difference but we're both in excellent health and very active. We enjoy doing things on our own in ports and always welcome other people to share the experience.

Email me if you desire or we can just communicate thru this board. Have you been to these islands before?

Sadly not on your cruise but sailing on Balmoral in August- just a 3 nighter. My first time with Fred. Olsen too. It will be good to hear what you thoughts and views are of crew, food, cabins. I'm Deck 5 one of the cabins in her new part where she's been lengthened!

Hi there,

Actually you don't have to pack anything extra for the themed nights if you don't want to because when going into the evenings' entertainment they provide you with a bandana for the C+W one, a lei for the tropical one and a small British flag for the Britian one (which as we are a mixed couple, me American and my husband Austrian,we felt very silly waving around). Never mind, it was great fun anyway!

Hello everyone, the wife and I have also booked on the 3/3/08 Caribbian Cruise day before yesterday,wednesday,only to find out the next day that our friends who live nearby booked in October 07 for the same cruise. This is our first cruise and we will be having our Golden Wedding Anniversary on board which will be the 8th of March. We are meeting up with our freinds next tuesday to talk about our bookings etc. Roy

Archived