Shore Excursion Jamaica

nycruises

Nycruises,

My DH & I went on our 2nd cruise this month, 1 port was Mo'Bay in Jamacia. We decided we wouldn't do Dunn Rivers Falls, becuase it was 2 hours away. We booked a tour thru the ship, but didnt ask HOW long it would take to get there ... our excursion was 1/45 minutes to the excursion and then back, on windy hilly road- with LARGE potholes. Terrible for anyone with motion sickness..

So we learned to ask about length of time to get to and from.., and then we will decided whether we truly want to do this or not.

Kathy

Looking for something fun to do in Jamaica any suggestions that you would recommend or have done and for sure things to avoid as far as excursions in Jamaica

Any recommendations will depend on whether your ship stops in Montego Bay or Ocho Rios. If you check the roll call for your particular cruise you may find some folks who can offer great recommendations and even some who might want to share the excursion with you.

Looking for something fun to do in Jamaica any suggestions that you would recommend or have done and for sure things to avoid as far as excursions in Jamaica

There are two excursions that are the most fun as far as we are concerned. The canopy tour[zipline] is a hoot to do. The second recommendation is to climb Dunns River Falls and then do the White River Tubing. We booked this thru Phil Lafayette and he did a great job and at a very good price.

There are two excursions that are the most fun as far as we are concerned. The canopy tour[zipline] is a hoot to do. The second recommendation is to climb Dunns River Falls and then do the White River Tubing. We booked this thru Phil Lafayette and he did a great job and at a very good price.

Do you have a web site for Phil?

The second recommendation is to climb Dunns River Falls and then do the White River Tubing. We booked this thru Phil Lafayette and he did a great job and at a very good price.

I would agree with this, we went with Phil a couple of years ago, after hearing all the negative posts about Ocho Rios have got to say this was the best tour of the whole cruise, he charged us $50 per person which included admission to Dunns river falls, river tubing, & tour of local flora & fauna, he also took us to a fantastic little jamaican restaurant for lunch with the best views ever. Lunch wasnt included in the price, He has a van that takes 8 to 10 people. He is an amazing person, he had memorised every persons name & where they came from within minutes of getting in his van.

his website is

http://www.phil-lafayette-tours.com

I would recommend you book an 'official trip'.

When we visited Jamaica we just caught the ports bus into town. As we got off we were told to stay on the one street otherwise we could have trouble. We were back onboard an hour later as we really felt intimidated (we have been all over the world to what some would consider pretty 'dodgy' places and this is the only place we felt unsafe)

If we stopped at Jamaica again, it is the one place where I would just stay on the ship and enjoy an empty pool.

My DH & I went on our 2nd cruise this month, 1 port was Mo'Bay in Jamacia. We decided we wouldn't do Dunn Rivers Falls, becuase it was 2 hours away. We booked a tour thru the ship, but didnt ask HOW long it would take to get there ... our excursion was 1/45 minutes to the excursion and then back, on windy hilly road- with LARGE potholes. Terrible for anyone with motion sickness..

We did the Dunn's River Tour from Mobay in August the 1 1/2 hr ride to Ocho Rios wasn't bad at all. We booked the excursion through the ship on Juta Tours. It was an AC bus with a tour guide who spoke about points of interest along the way. It's actually not a bad way for a first time visitor to see the Jamaican country side.

Jimmers

Archived