Specific Question on NCL Pearl's Samana Dominican Shore Excursions.

erikishere

Got my "Ducks in a Row", and I'm "Plugged in an Wired", for my upcoming and very soon, December 14, 2007 NCL Pearl Southern Carribean cruise, but the choices on the 1st Port of Call (Samana, Dominican), still confuse me.

On the pages and pages of Samana "Ports of Call", it is always between "Staying on the Ship", or taking the "Direct Tender to the Cayo Levantodo beach island", $33 dollars to get there and back and no meal, unless you want to buy the $15 "brunch", bringing the total to about $50 per person.

So my Specific Question is: has anybody done the NCL "Paridise Retreat at Villa Serena", 6 to 7 hours at a Private waterfront hotel and it includes Lunch, the only NCL Samana, Dominican shore excursion, that does include Lunch. at $89, is it worth the "value", can one go snorkeling there, is there a beach, do they have bicycles, I know it's a half hour to get there and back, so is 6 hours there too long, do you feel "stranded"? Please advise.

Moderator, Please if possible, keep my post on this NCL board, rather than "Ports of Call", as it concerns a Shore excursion, that only the NCL Pearl offers. Thank-you for your understanding.

Got my "Ducks in a Row", and I'm "Plugged in an Wired", for my upcoming and very soon, December 14, 2007 NCL Pearl Southern Carribean cruise, but the choices on the 1st Port of Call (Samana, Dominican), still confuse me.

On the pages and pages of Samana "Ports of Call", it is always between "Staying on the Ship", or taking the "Direct Tender to the Cayo Levantodo beach island", $33 dollars to get there and back and no meal, unless you want to buy the $15 "brunch", bringing the total to about $50 per person.

So my Specific Question is: has anybody done the NCL "Paridise Retreat at Villa Serena", 6 to 7 hours at a Private waterfront hotel and it includes Lunch, the only NCL Samana, Dominican shore excursion, that does include Lunch. at $89, is it worth the "value", can one go snorkeling there, is there a beach, do they have bicycles, I know it's a half hour to get there and back, so is 6 hours there too long, do you feel "stranded"? Please advise.

Moderator, Please if possible, keep my post on this NCL board, rather than "Ports of Call", as it concerns a Shore excursion, that only the NCL Pearl offers. Thank-you for your understanding.

Hi theres a good roll call going for this cruise on the roll call forum if you haven't already done so come over and join. I did have a quick look to see if I could see your name sorry if you have already signed up and I missed you. A meet and greet has been organised:)

I am not answering the question you are asking but I did just return from the Dawn stopping Samana.

Given the choice of staying on the ship or paying to go to Cayo Levantodo I would again go to Cayo Levantodo. The beach was pretty nice and the tender ride was short. There was volleyball, a show and plenty of bars. The shopping was minimal.

The food looked really good but we did not eat it. The brunch also offered fresh lobster for an additional 15.

Really it was a lot like to going to NCL's island since only PAX from the ship were there.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am not answering the question you are asking but I did just return from the Dawn stopping Samana.

Given the choice of staying on the ship or paying to go to Cayo Levantodo I would again go to Cayo Levantodo. The beach was pretty nice and the tender ride was short. There was volleyball, a show and plenty of bars. The shopping was minimal.

The food looked really good but we did not eat it. The brunch also offered fresh lobster for an additional 15.

Really it was a lot like to going to NCL's island since only PAX from the ship were there.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am leaing on the Dawn Tomorrow... we plan to do the cayo levantodo trip, but want to know about the food part. Im having troupble finding detail on this.. are there other places to get food , than from NCLs BBQ or Brunch? that i could pay cash for? I am more likley to want to eat something when i am in the mood for it, and dont want to tie into a particular meal when i sign up for the trip on the boat.

thanks in advance!

Archived