Question for Denali1

bonsai1

I posted this once and it didn't show, so forgive me if it should appear again.
Any opinion on the Clarion Suites? Are there any resturants nearby? What part of town is it in?
Also, if we should miss the opportunity to buy and ship fresh salmon and halibut in the cruise ports , is there somewhere in Anchorage you can recommend?
Thanks
Wendy

Bonsai1,
The Clarion is nice, about 5 years old I believe, and is about 2 blocks south of the main downtown activity. You could be at 5th Avenue Mall in a minute or two walk, and a number of food choices in the mall and all along 4th, 5th, and 6th Streets.Lots of gift shops and other retailers there as well. The Clarion is in a good part of the downtown area.
As for halibut and salmon, an excellent choice is Alaska Seafood Direct. They are located in Soldotna, 200 miles from Anchorage. But you don't need to go there to purchase. You can call them or check their website, [url="http://www.Seafoods-Direct.com"]www.Seafoods-Direct.com[/url]
We use them to send out fish during the holidays to relatives in the Midwest.
Another good choice is 10th and M Seafoods, in downtown Anchorage (about 10 blocks from the Clarion) You can order from them by phone as well.

Archived