Jamaica 2009 Cruise

sludgemixer

My wife and I (50's) are planning a cruise to Jamaica in 2009. What port or ports would be best for first time visitors to Jamaica? One shore excursion I have found that sounds just perfect is the Bob Marley Nine Mile Tour ( We are big fans!) and it seems like we would see alot of the island. Also, is there cruise from the US that stops at several Jamaican ports on a single cruise? Thanks for any help!!!!!!!

My wife and I (50's) are planning a cruise to Jamaica in 2009. What port or ports would be best for first time visitors to Jamaica? One shore excursion I have found that sounds just perfect is the Bob Marley Nine Mile Tour ( We are big fans!) and it seems like we would see alot of the island. Also, is there cruise from the US that stops at several Jamaican ports on a single cruise? Thanks for any help!!!!!!!

None that I'm aware of stop at more than one Jamaican port. To my knowledge, only Ocho and MoBay are served by the large cruise lines.

Typically, you'll arrive somewhere around 7 or 8 AM and sail sometime around 4 or 5 PM so you have to budget your time pretty closely.

The Nine Mile tour only departs from Ocho. If that's the tour that you want to do you'll have to find a sailing that makes port in Ocho Rios.

No matter which port or tour you'll have a great time. Jamaica is a wonderful island and well worth the stop.

Enjoy!

Archived