An Idea for those who stop in Costa Maya

kellyccz

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]I had this idea regarding the primary school in Costa Maya that I thought of yesterday and kind of threw into action very quickly. Anyway, I thought I would share with others who may want to give it a try too.[/font][/color]
[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana][/font][/color]
[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]I have twin boys in the 3rd grade who will not be going on the cruise with me. (they will be staying with their grandparents). Anyway, having kids the same age as the schoolkids in Mahahual made me think. I thought, why not get their classes involved as a kind of Thanksgiving project (I will be sailing the week of Thanksgiving) and have them each donate a small item - toy, school supply, whatever for me to take to the schools. The kids could learn a little about the area and learn to help out others.[/font][/color]
[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana][/font][/color]
[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana][/font][/color][color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]I have now spoken with both of my twins' teachers and they both loved the idea. [/font][/color]
[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana] [/font][/color]

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]They had me write a letter that they could read to the class - so I typed up a letter telling the kids a little about the town (researched on internet) and about the school (info from the boards). I attached a list of supplies needed and other things that the kids like (coloring books, baseball cards, etc.). I also printed out a picture of the school (exterior) and a picture of the kids in the class that one of our CC members emailed to me, so they could see who they would be helping. I also suggested in the letter that the kids could write a letter to the kids there telling them about themselves, their school, etc. and I will deliver the letters too. I asked each of the teachers also to take a picture of themself with the class so I could deliver that to the Majahual schoolkids for them to see the kids that they are receiving the letters and gifts from.

My sons’ teachers will have a box for the kids to put their donations into and I will go pick up the stuff personally from the classes a week before I leave. I will take lots of pictures while I am there and when I get back, within a couple weeks, I will take a day off work and go into the school and share everything with both classes.

I am really excited about this and can't wait.[/font][/color]

Archived