Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Annie3468

Anyone know of a good hotel close to the port in Fort Lauderdale? Not getting anything special on Priceline so far. We need it for Jan 23rd.

We usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. It is close to both the airport and the port. There are also a number of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

The Renaissance is a good hotel and I heard the Grande just had official re-opening. Hyatt Pier 66 and Marriott Harbour Beach are very good too.

Check out Bequia's page which you will stumble across on the Florida sub board of East Coast Departure board.

The Renaissance is a good hotel and I heard the Grande just had official re-opening. Hyatt Pier 66 and Marriott Harbour Beach are very good too.

Check out Bequia's page which you will stumble across on the Florida sub board of East Coast Departure board.

Stayed at Renaissance on P/L bid. Nice.

Renaissance can be had quite cheaply via priceline.com bid too. We booked it for our February pre-cruise for $150 per night. I have heard people getting it for closer to $100 too.

I got the Renaissance on P/L for $85.

That hotel rocked!

Our very bumpy "red-eye" flight arrived from Los Angeles at shortly after 6am FLL time (no sleeping on that flight). We caught a taxi and arrived at the hotel before 7am. We were so tired. We were kind of hoping they would be willing to store our luggage until a more appropriate check-in time.

The clerk said we could check in if there was a room available. There was! And we were able to take a morning nap before sightseeing...

The entire staff was wonderful...

The only negative is they do not offer a shuttle. But taxi fare was not too bad.

All of those sound wonderful. Yesterday I bid $100 for a 4 star and a 3 star with no luck. Should I wait a week or so and try again or should I raise the bid to $125? Hotwire has a 3 1/2 star for $200, I don't really want to pay that much, but I may have to. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Annie:)

Did you get that by bidding name your price or was it a a set price?

I bid.

I try to do these things in advance to allow time for multiple rebids. I start with a low bid and increase my bids by $2 until my bid gets accepted.

I rec http://www.betterbidding.com for more tips on how to rebid Priceline more frequently than once per 24 hours. They will help identify hotels...

Downtown is the closest to the Port. I have stayed at the Renaissance which is a 4 star on Priceline and both of the 3 star properties listed on the link below. It is a great help in guiding you on how to bid on Priceline. It is possible to get a hotel that is not listed ( I did once.) I have been very satisfied with all of them. The stars on Priceline and hotwire are not comparable.

The Fort Lauderdale Grande is on the intercoastal waterway which is a bonus. You can see the ships plus if you have time you can take the water taxi to Las Olas for shopping or dinner and the ride is wonderful seeing all of the multimillion dollar homes and yachts along the way.

http://p070.ezboard.com/Florida--Fort-Lauderdale/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm161

Do NOT stay at the Comfort Inn Cruise Port/Airport!!!! it was disgusting!!! We arrived at 11:45pm and called for the free shuttle, 12:30am, no shuttle. I called, they said wait 5 minutes, I did, no shuttle. I finally paid for a cab. I arrived at the hotel and complained nicely, they took the cab fair off my hotel bill. Then my dd and I had to walk outside (remember it is almost 1am) around a dark building with our luggage to the second floor to our room. Now it is 1:15am and we are unpacking some things and I go to place them in our shower. In the shower I find leftover hair, used hair products, AND a used bar of soap! Ugh~ I call the front desk, it is now almost 1:30am. I say the shower is filthy and not cleaned and still contains the remains of the last guest. I say I want another room and they need to bring ME the key as I am exhausted. After being on hold for 15 minutes they say they are looking for a room for me. Another ten minutes and there is a knock at my door a I am given a new room key. Again, I pack it up and drag the suit cases down the stairs to our new room. By now it is close to 2am and we are about to fall asleep as we walk. My dd is 8 and needed her asthma meds and I was losing my patience. We walk in and see we are in a handicap room, no biggie, it was clean and we needed a bed. We go to sleep and get up in the morning to take a shower. The shower was huge and had two shower heads. One head only would let us have cold water, the other one gave us hot. So we take the hot and while I am showering the whole dang shower head FLIES off the wall and onto the shower floor! So then the water was only coming out from a hole in the wall so I had to lay flat against the wall to get washed. I kid you not! By now I could do nothing but laugh..lol..what else? As I grab a towel to dry off I look at the towel and there are dead brown spiders all over the towel!! Ugh!!! MORE, can I take more??! So I throw that towel on the floor and grab the one other towel. I open it up and look at it and see some crusted on brownish/black gooey stuff...omg!! Thankfully I had brought two beach towels with me so I ran and grabbed those and we used those.

Need I say more?? When I checked out the lady checking me out asked if I wanted my room on the same credit card I had made the reservation on, I said, sure bill my dirty, gross room on that card. She asked how things were? I simply said, gross! I was nice, just ready to go. Then the manager came around and pulled me aside and asked what was wrong so I told him all the problems. He then asked what I wanted done so I said, take half my billl off and so he did. I would NEVER EVER EVER stay at this hotel again. It was the most disgusting, let down, piece of crap hotel. Period. I don't like to dry off with dead spiders, take showers in other peoples hair, nor do I use strangers bars of soap. Yuck.

Anyway, stay clear of the Comfort Inn Port hotel Ft. Lauderdale.

Do NOT stay at the Comfort Inn Cruise Port/Airport!!!! it was disgusting!!! We arrived at 11:45pm and called for the free shuttle, 12:30am, no shuttle. I called, they said wait 5 minutes, I did, no shuttle. I finally paid for a cab. I arrived at the hotel and complained nicely, they took the cab fair off my hotel bill. Then my dd and I had to walk outside (remember it is almost 1am) around a dark building with our luggage to the second floor to our room. Now it is 1:15am and we are unpacking some things and I go to place them in our shower. In the shower I find leftover hair, used hair products, AND a used bar of soap! Ugh~ I call the front desk, it is now almost 1:30am. I say the shower is filthy and not cleaned and still contains the remains of the last guest. I say I want another room and they need to bring ME the key as I am exhausted. After being on hold for 15 minutes they say they are looking for a room for me. Another ten minutes and there is a knock at my door a I am given a new room key. Again, I pack it up and drag the suit cases down the stairs to our new room. By now it is close to 2am and we are about to fall asleep as we walk. My dd is 8 and needed her asthma meds and I was losing my patience. We walk in and see we are in a handicap room, no biggie, it was clean and we needed a bed. We go to sleep and get up in the morning to take a shower. The shower was huge and had two shower heads. One head only would let us have cold water, the other one gave us hot. So we take the hot and while I am showering the whole dang shower head FLIES off the wall and onto the shower floor! So then the water was only coming out from a hole in the wall so I had to lay flat against the wall to get washed. I kid you not! By now I could do nothing but laugh..lol..what else? As I grab a towel to dry off I look at the towel and there are dead brown spiders all over the towel!! Ugh!!! MORE, can I take more??! So I throw that towel on the floor and grab the one other towel. I open it up and look at it and see some crusted on brownish/black gooey stuff...omg!! Thankfully I had brought two beach towels with me so I ran and grabbed those and we used those.

Need I say more?? When I checked out the lady checking me out asked if I wanted my room on the same credit card I had made the reservation on, I said, sure bill my dirty, gross room on that card. She asked how things were? I simply said, gross! I was nice, just ready to go. Then the manager came around and pulled me aside and asked what was wrong so I told him all the problems. He then asked what I wanted done so I said, take half my billl off and so he did. I would NEVER EVER EVER stay at this hotel again. It was the most disgusting, let down, piece of crap hotel. Period. I don't like to dry off with dead spiders, take showers in other peoples hair, nor do I use strangers bars of soap. Yuck.

Anyway, stay clear of the Comfort Inn Port hotel Ft. Lauderdale.

Yeah, but how was breakfast ? :D

Oh thank goodness for these boards!!! I had this hotel booked when we first booked our cruise. Ended up at the Comfort Suites instead. The room was clean and bed comfortable. That's the important stuff.

Would I stay there again? No. I realized after this trip that the free breakfast and shuttle is of very little importance. The breakfast area was mass chaos the morning of our cruise. I came "this" close to just walking out and going down the street to Denny's.

Twice in the 16 hrs we were at this hotel, people got stuck in the elevator. Loved seeing the fire trucks sitting outside. It was such a comfortable feeling. Not.

The front desk people were tolerable, but that's it. There was one gal that seemed professional enough to be doing what she was doing but the rest of them seemed completely unqualified.

Then there's the shuttle. It was like herding cows. Everyone wants to go to the port at 11:00. They crammed people into small buses and vans. It took the better part of an hour to get everyone around. For $10, we could have taken a cab. Then when we got to the port, everyone had to hand over their passports/id's. That took up more time for 10 people to get it all together.

Do yourself a favor... if you're at this hotel or another one near downtown or the port, cab it. You'll be so glad you did.

Cathy

It was chaos at my hotel too as far as getting to the port! I tried to book the "free" shuttle to the port and was told it was FULL! I was then told I could wait until 2pm to get another shuttle so I said never mind and took a cab. I didn't have to wait for anyone and it was just easier. There were people everywhere in the lobby, outside the hotel, it was nuts. People were coming back from their cruises, people were trying to get to their cruises, it was a mess!!!

It was chaos at my hotel too as far as getting to the port! I tried to book the "free" shuttle to the port and was told it was FULL! I was then told I could wait until 2pm to get another shuttle so I said never mind and took a cab. I didn't have to wait for anyone and it was just easier. There were people everywhere in the lobby, outside the hotel, it was nuts. People were coming back from their cruises, people were trying to get to their cruises, it was a mess!!!

That is why I sometimes think it is better to stay in one of the hotels that is not offering free breakfast and shuttle. In my experience the shuttle is normally a nightmare, packed with tons of people, and the breakfast causes more anxiety than relaxation. I know this isn't always true, but I would rather pay $10 for a taxi, and not arrive at the cruise ship ready to punch someone.

We just booked on hotwire, the Renaissance for $99. It is I believe the only 4 star hotel downtown. We actually booked with another hotel a few months ago, since the hotels on hotwire were much higher, but we booked it so we could cancel with no penalty. Then, as we got closer to our date, Hotwire's prices came down at least $90 for the Renaissance, and we booked it.

That is why I sometimes think it is better to stay in one of the hotels that is not offering free breakfast and shuttle. In my experience the shuttle is normally a nightmare, packed with tons of people, and the breakfast causes more anxiety than relaxation. I know this isn't always true, but I would rather pay $10 for a taxi, and not arrive at the cruise ship ready to punch someone.

We just booked on hotwire, the Renaissance for $99. It is I believe the only 4 star hotel downtown. We actually booked with another hotel a few months ago, since the hotels on hotwire were much higher, but we booked it so we could cancel with no penalty. Then, as we got closer to our date, Hotwire's prices came down at least $90 for the Renaissance, and we booked it.

Please,could you tell me the dates that you got the $90. Renaissance.

When are you staying at the Renaissance?

When are you staying at the Renaissance?

We are staying there this Saturday night, the 15th. We booked on Hotwire probably a week ago, about 10 days before our trip. Again, we had a backup hotel that I was happy with if it didn't come up for a low price on hotwire.

Also, I just checked on hotwire, and it is no longer there. I am guessing it was up in prices between the 90's to the 110's for about a week, and is now gone.

Hope this helps.

Archived