4 questions Re South America, will take answers on any of the 4!

beansluv2travel

We are taking a cruise in Feb/March from Buenos Aires to Santiago. We will be travelling with our 2 young children (4 and 6), and 2 sets of grandparents. Therefore we have 6 adults and 2 kids, and want to take tours in each port together (in one vehicle). The kids are good travelers, and have already taken a cruise to Europe...and they were fine.

To the best of my ability, I am trying to book tours from here. Also, we'd prefer not to be on a big bus unless necessary. Please take these details into consideration when answering the following questions:

1) Does anyone know a good tour guide in Montevideo that could accomodate all of us in one van?

2) Punta Del Este....what is the best way to get around there? Should we book a taxi before we leave? Does anyone know of a taxi service or private driver?

3) Coquimbo (La Serena)... I have heard the beaches are nice...Is there one in particular to go to? Do we need to hire a taxi in advance? Any other suggestions of how to spend the day?

4) For the following 3 ports (Puerto Madryn, Ushuaia, and Cape Horn)...do you know of any tour guides that are trustworthy, and have large/reliable transportation? For these 3 ports, are we better off taking a boat organized tour?

Any other feedback (especially from anyone who has ever done this trip with young kids) would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!:) :) :) :)

Archived