Need Help!!

Melba1024

On my last cruise, I booked a "Next Cruise" option to get the OBC. I also recieved the friends and family certificate because I had family members interested in booking a cabin on the next cruise I took. I was told on board that my family had 30 days after I booked my cruise to book theirs to be eligible for the OBC (as long as it was on the same ship/sailing).

I finally booked my cruise, and my family went to book theirs yesterday (which was in the 30 days of when I booked mine) and our TA told us that the certificate expired 30 days after I purchased the Next Cruise option, not when I booked my cruise.

So my question is, did I misunderstand or is my family losing out on a OBC?

This is my first time doing this so any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

On my last cruise, I booked a "Next Cruise" option to get the OBC. I also recieved the friends and family certificate because I had family members interested in booking a cabin on the next cruise I took. I was told on board that my family had 30 days after I booked my cruise to book theirs to be eligible for the OBC (as long as it was on the same ship/sailing).

I finally booked my cruise, and my family went to book theirs yesterday (which was in the 30 days of when I booked mine) and our TA told us that the certificate expired 30 days after I purchased the Next Cruise option, not when I booked my cruise.

So my question is, did I misunderstand or is my family losing out on a OBC?

This is my first time doing this so any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

That is correct. I really don't know where the confusion ever came from but the LA on the Navigator told us that the certificate expires 30 days after issuing the NextCruise. On the certificate it also says that the certificate expires 30 days after issue date which is the date on your NextCruise reservation.

Have your TA get in touch with his or her Royal Caribbean District sales Manager (DSM). No gurantees but DSM may be able to help, at a minimum he or she will give the person for your TA to contact. I know that sometimes a TA is able to get the expiration date extented. Like I said above No Gurantee but worth a try

Archived