scuba diving?

Lithium

I thought Roatan was as good as Cozumel. Keep in mind that I only dove once at each place. The water was about 82 with visability about 75ft. I went with subway watersports which is on the other end of the island than most of the other dive shops. The water was very calm and we were the only dive boat in the area. They had a nice wall that went down about 80 feet that we spent most of our time near. Cozumel water temps were also in the mid 80s and visability was unbelievable, I would guess that it was over 100. There were pretty strong currents, however we did drift diving so the boat followed us. Bottom line, both places are out of this world and to further confuse you, I heard Belize was just as good. I think though that If I were on a cruise and going to each port for the 1st time and could only dive one, I would do Roatan. The only reason I say that is because there is alot of other stuff to do in Cozumel and I think everyone who goes to Belize should see the Mayan ruins at least one. Roatan basically has diving and beaches.

I have only had the chance to do two dives in Roatan (lots in Cozumel and none in Belize, so far). I loved the dives we did in Roatan. The ship used Antony's Key Resort (IIRC). Nice boats, good equipment for rental, very knowledgeable DMs. The water was clear and beautiful, plenty of fish. Not as much colorful soft coral as Cozumel, but that could have been where we dove.

The biggest differences between Cozumel & Roatan were the type of corals and the reefs in Roatan were pristeen. They looked like no one had ever been there before. Some of the sections in Coz are getting pretty beat up, but Roatan is untouched. It was beautiful.

We'll be on the Norwegian Sea 9/25 so I hope to rectify my gross negligence in not diving Belize yet.

ken

PS: Isn't life rough, having to decide on where to dive. Just do what I do, dive everywhere.....;)

• 4 weeks later...
[color=purple][/color][color=purple]kgraham,[/color]
[color=purple]Isn't it rough, trying to decide among dive sites? Life is rough. ;) [/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]I would love to hear about any diving you did on the 9/25 trip. We're booked on the 11/27 sailing of the NCL Sea, and any insight you can give would be greatly appreciated![/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Thanks! :D [/color]

Archived