dolphins/stingrays in Ocho Rios with kids

lowestar

We were on the Sea Princess two years ago with our kids. At that time I took my oldest (then 6) on a Dolphin Encounter (in Antigua maybe?). She wants to do it again when we go to Ocho Rios. I reminded her that we did that, but that is when my youngest (almost 5) piped up that she hadn't done it.

My problem is that my husband will not want to do this tour (which is fine!), and my 5 year old will only old enough to do the "touch" with a parent, and my now 8 year old will be old enough to do the "encounter" with a parent. I don't want to pay to do this twice. Any suggestions?

Also, when I look on the Dolphin site, it says there is a Dolphin Swim which my oldest is old enough for, but it is not offered through Princess. How can she do this tour?

Not sure about the ages for the stingray encounter in Ocho Rios, but any comments on that one?

Tara

Do you mean in Grand Cayman for the Stingrays and Mexico for the Dolphins?

I didn't see either in Ocho Rios but then I wasn't looking!!!!

My daughter did the Dolphin Royal Swim in Cozumel Mexico - she loved it but her legs weren't strong enough to do the Dorsal Push - she did the Pull though (she is 7). DH did it with her.

DH and I did Stingray City in Grand Cayman - we hired WaveRunners - it was amazing. I didn't get into the sea with the Rays (I was the only person who didn't on our particular excursion) but I was close enough to them on the WaveRunner for my liking ;) People had taken kids there but I personally wouldn't have taken mine....

Archived