Does Jenny Really Work?

BOOKNEXTCRUISE

Just out of curiosity. I am seeing where you guys are on Jenny Craig; Nutri-System, etc. and losing weight. Are you also excercising??? I, for the most part, eat pretty healthy. However, I hate to workout. I do it, but still don't like it. Once I start working out, I am fine, it is just making myself put on the shoes, picking up the weights, etc. I did "CURVES" last year, and loved it. Found that I have to work out first thing in the morning, or it usually won't happen. However, my ribs pop in and out of place quite easily, so I ended up having to quit Curves. Just curious as I think if you diet AND workout, you would see results quicker.

I lost the pound I gained last week. I would have liked more, but I'll take it!

Phyllis- 22 lbs thats GREAT!!:D Just think another 15 and you'll have me beat. How many more are u trying to lose? How is everyone else doing? I seem to be doing well on my own, I am staying about the same.:)

I have about 29 more pounds to go. Feels like a long way to go, I'm hoping to get reasonably close before the cruise. My consultant thinks I can do it!

As for exercise, I've been doing the treadmill, and some ab work. But for the past two weeks I've ditched that in favor of some Shape dvd's that I've had laying around..."bikini body camp". It's TOUGH! :D

Hey Phyllis it's still a loss. I go to weigh in on Friday, it will be my 1st weigh in since maintance. I think I've been about 3 1/2 weeks. I leave on the 18th for London and Dublin and I am sure I'll gain a bit. I'll just have to work hard when I get back. I hope all is well with everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh...we were almost on page 2. Where are all our JCers?

Last week, I was "out" a lot and when I went to weigh in I took a "free" week (didn't even know you could do that!) and didn't weigh. Today I lost .6 :p Well....I guess I did worse than I thought the week before! But that's okay, I didn't want to know, and I'm on the way down still so it's all good. My cruise is getting so close! Now I'm trying for 20 more pounds before then. At this rate, I don't know!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yay...you're here! :)

Wow, your vacation sounds AMAZING!!! You probably did a lot of walking too, so maybe you didn't gain?

Things have been slowing down a lot for me, I just passed halfway today. :D My total is 26.7 down. Now I'm hoping I lose at least 10 more before my cruise. Originally, I had hoped to be pretty close if not AT goal by then. It's okay. I'm still happy!!

Did we lose everyone else?

Phyllis,

I only gained 2.3 pounds on my trip!! I ate so much so this really does not bother me. I hope to have it off by my next appointment in September. I am thinking about trying to get rid of another 10 pounds for my trip to Mexico in January. My consultant says I can if I want to but she says no more than 10 pounds. Keep me posted with your great losses.;)

• 2 weeks later...
WHERE IS EVERYONE? Have u all quit Jenny? Just thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing:confused:

Well...I'm still here!! :)

I'm up to 28.3 pounds lost. How are you doing with the maintenance? Are you eating any JC food? I'm past halfway but my consultant didn't even bring up doing any days on my own. I'm fine with that till the cruise. Then I will want to start some days without Jenny food. Getting really bored with it but as long as I keep losing....

Phyllis,

YOU GO GIRL!! I have only gained back 5 pounds and have been on maintance for about 4 months. I have not been watching what I am eating. I have kinda taken a break from that for awhile.:D When I started Jenny I only wanted to lose 20 pounds and ended up with 35pounds so gaining 5 is ok with me. Keep me posted on you weight loss and good luck:)

• 1 month later...

Hellooooo??

Still hovering around the halfway mark. Getting REALLY sick of the food and...cheating quite a bit! Needless to say (see countdown) I won't be rocking the bikini on my cruise!! Well, I could...but no one wants to see that! :eek: Still about 25 pounds left to go.

Sigh...not sure what to do. I really want to go back to WW and eat some "normal" food again. I feel bad for my consultant though, they're cutting hours and she shares way too much personal info with me. Hey, I'm on unemployment...this is tough for me to do too, I can't worry about her! But she's a nice lady and I would miss her.

One week to go!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Phyllis,

Good to hear form you! Please do not give up. Try something new like a walk at night or go window shopping at the mall find a way to fit in exercise. I am still doing well but it is work! I hope to continue to do well during the holidays coming up. Hey, tell me all abouth your cruise when u get back.:D

Phyllis,

Good to hear form you! Please do not give up. Try something new like a walk at night or go window shopping at the mall find a way to fit in exercise. I am still doing well but it is work! I hope to continue to do well during the holidays coming up. Hey, tell me all abouth your cruise when u get back.:D

I'm back! :D

I actually went to the gym on the ship! Also walked on the jogging track. A little too windy at times, but I tried! I refused to get on the scale at JC yesterday...but I know what's going on. ;) I'm doing 100% JC food at least this week. Have to get back to the real world! Not giving up!

The cruise was great! Had a little trouble with the friend I went with (she wasn't into doing much of anything, I really had to push her sometimes), but it didn't ruin my cruise or anything. Tough coming home and not having anyone wait on me anymore!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been doing Jenny Craig sence July 5. So far have lost 22 lbs. Just back from a 10 day cruise and a 12 day break from JC. I still managed to lost 1/2 a pound while on the cruise. I weighed the day before I left and had an appt for the second day back. I think knowing I had that appt kept me accountable for my own diet habits and exercise. I did yoga every sea day and took the stairs everywhere. Also picked more rigourous shore excursions. I enjoyed Princess Pizza, did order desert at dinner, but only ate 1/2 of a serving each time. I tried to keep my portions more "Jenny Size". It actually feels good to be back to the routine, plus I really enjoy the breakfst and lunch entrees. Getting a bit bored with the dinners.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My name is DeAnna and I started JC about 5 weeks ago lost 15lbs so far :). Need support group :o going on cruise 01/10/09 got a dress that I want to wear, it fits but would look better if I am alittle smaller. I work alot, working out happens but not as much as it should. My DH is not really supportive he losses weight with a blink of an-eye :mad:, me I have to work hard at it :(. Seen this sight and hoped maybe someone with talk to me as a support person. My weight in's are on Thursdays thank you

Archived