Serenade Cabin Selection

We just booked the Serenade for an Alaska cruise next summer. The room choices were limited with 3 traveling.

I see lots of chatter about hump rooms and aft cabins, but I really did not have that many balcony cabins to choose from. Is this because there are limited rooms for more than 2 people, or is it that these coveted rooms are being allocated to groups or have already been taken?

The cruise is 8/2/2008 and we booked a balcony on deck 8.

They are most likely already taken. I did have a hump cabin 8586 and I booked it almost 15 months out.There really is no bad balcony for Alaska as you are just surrounded by gorgeous scenery. We did this cruise the same week as you this past year. It was the most amazing cruise and we had fantastic weather. If you would like to see pictures click on the link in my signature.

It's probably because these rooms are always booked first by those who enjoy that location. We often book as soon as a certain sailing opens to insure we get the exact room we want. Also, Alaska has limited sailings and the best rooms go fast....Alaska is unbelievable and I know you will enjoy your trip. Smooth sailing and Happy New Year.

The other thing is that if you are booking via the internet, they only show a few rooms in each category. RCCL's website for example will only show 5 cabins in each category, even if there are more available. If you were trying to book via the internet, you might call and see what other cabins are available for your sailing.

Just off Serenade. We were in 8122. If you have an opportunity to go to deck 9... do it. The balconies come out a bit further over deck 8. Stay away from Deck 7. You have probably read about the overhang on deck 7 that covers the lifeboats. It obscures your view looking down. Deck 8 has some of the same problems, but it is better. Looking up the deck 9 balconies stick out even with the lifeboat overhang.

Archived