Golden Princess E729

Michael Kays

I am on the April 19, 2008 sailing and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about E729 minisuite? I have had other Princess Grand class ship mini's on the wrap around end and loved them, as they have a super large balcony. And the price would be only $150 pp additional.

My concern is E729 is still available for our cruise, why wasn't it taken? I have read on one thread there is a mechanical noice in that particular mini? Any help greatly appreciated. We currently have C752 and C753, I would not want to give up an aft BB cabin if E729 is noisy.

You will feel some vibrations from the thrusters during docking operations. You may also feel some vibration when going full speed. There may be some noise at night from the club below but it is minimal. You will not hear any engine noise. I love the minis on the Emerald deck.

thanks for the info..we looked at the deck plan and the threatre is directly below but the stage and speakers are on the port side side E731...so we booked E729.. We have been on the Grand in E729 and it is identical. the moms (82 and 84) will love the additional space.

We had E731 on our last cruise on the Golden and looked at E729 and thought it was fantastic. I would book it if I were you. We loved the location of these cabins and had no problem with noises, vibrations, etc. We are aft cabin lovers and this is a great one! You will love the balcony- very roomy with nice teak furniture.

We had E729 on Golden for 10 days in April. Yes, you will feel some vibration. No noise at all from the lounge. IMHO, E729 is the best mini on the ship. We didn't have teak furniture. Let me know if you want any pictures of the cabin and balcony. I don't know how to post them here.

sharon

We were in E729 on Golden last September to Alaska. We did not experience any noise problem, and the thruster vibration was only for a very short period when maneuvering in ports, which did not bother us at all. It's a great room with a jumbo balcony. Here are a couple of pics of E729's balcony:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Archived