Carnival Liberty Wedding.. help!

msuash

Hey guys! My fiance and I are getting married on the Carnival Liberty next January.. I know its far away but I'm already starting to freak out about some stuff. I just have some questions for anyone who has had a carnival wedding specifically one on the Liberty! First, were you given an option as to what room your wedding was in?? I really wanted to be somewhere that had windows.. were you can see the ocean.. I'm sure thats not possible but I was just wondering. I'm also trying to decide whether or not to bring my own bouqet. Does anyone have pictures of the one that carnival supplys? And as for the 1 1/2 reception.. do they play music? Or do you have to pay a ton extra for a dj? Can I bring songs that I want played? Did anyone get married in the port of miami and have any idea for somewhere to get my hair done for the wedding.. because I have no idea? And last, any good hotels in the area? Close and possibly with a free shuttle to the port??

Sorry all the questions, any answers would be an amazing help! :o

Hi Msuash! We were married Dec 16th on the Carnival Liberty. The room they use depends on the number of guests. We had 19 cruising guests and the room was the Tapestry room. You may find pics of that room if you google them or ask here. I must say it was breathtaking and no picture can do the room justice. It will be decorated with flowers and there will be a white carpet for you. The entrance is double doors. Our reception was in the piano bar as we chose to have a piano player instead of a DJ. He was great. It was very classy. He played our song that we chose also for the first dance.

As for your hair www.beautybylia is a good site to check out. Lia came right to my hotel room in Fort Lauderdale and did my hair and makeup for me. No rushing around trying to find a salon etc. She had a calming effect and was very skilled.

You have made an awsome choice. The LIberty is a beauty! Liz

You are amazing!! You have made me feel much better.. I just wanted to find someone whos done it and had an amazing experience!! You have put me at ease, thanks! And I'm definitely going to check into the hair lady, thats sounds amazing!! :)

I can second all that Dundeelia has said. Lia did an awesome job of both hair and makeup. Not only in the actual quality of work but in her attitude and soothing manner that all brides need on their day. The Liberty is a beautiful ship for a wedding. I have seen other rooms used as well but the Tapestry is by far the best as the entrance is down a private walkway so you don't have strangers peering in and ruining the moment. They set it up appropriately according to how many guests you have.

The room your reception takes place in depends on if you choose music ie a DJ would be playing in the disco. Choosing a piano player would give you the piano room-very cool for a reception. The food was presented beautifully as well with vegetable carving garnishing the serving trays.

Waiters constantly circle the reception room serving drinks. Inwould highly recommend this ship for a wedding.

Archived