Destiny-1/13/08

Elawies

I am concerned by some of the postings I have read recently. Some of you say the Destiny is in bad shape and you have had bad experiences, while others say yes it is getting old but the service is good and so is the food, etc. Which is true? We are going on 1/13/08 and I am really looking forward to our vacation. We have sailed Carnival on 4 different occasions and only once did I have a problem. It too was a ship that needed to be sent to dry dock, but I feel that crusing and vacations are what you make of them. If any of you have just come back and would like to share what happened, I would appreciate your comments. Elawies:)

We will be with you on the Destiny on 1/13/08. This will be our 3rd time on the Destiny. We were just on her last March 2007. This will be our 7th Carnival cruise in the 5 years so, we have been on several different ships and have a good idea of what to expect. The Destiny was in excellent shape and you will not be disappointed. We had excellent service in the dining room and stateroom. We really enjoyed stopping at all the islands. It can be very tiring so, you do have to pace yourself. We were very tired every night and were heading to bed by 10pm every night! I really missed the late night comedian shows!!

I have been on the Destiny a few times and am heading back this summer, i have never had a problem with Destiny, shes a great ship.

I had more problems on the Conquest (newer) than Destiny.\

Have a great vacation and remember.......who has time to go over the ship with a fine tooth comb, it's in ports every day.

Thank you for all your positive comments. I feel better now, especially since you all have sailed on the Destiny and had good experiences. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again CarribeanDeams, CruzinKitty, and BDSou812. :) Elawies

crusin kittty, since you have been on the Destiny previously, do you know if there is a cigar bar. Hubby and his friend like to smoke cigars and on the Freedom the piano bar was the place to go. we would go, listen to the music, have a drink and they would enjoy a cigar. Do you know if there is a cigar bar on the Destiny? Thanks in advance. Am looking forward to the trip, hope you have a great time too. Elawies

Archived