internet speed

rtrtx2

We leave thursday on the Wonder. I have a report that must be submitted via the internet by noon on the 12th, it will be a word docuement, about ten pages of single spaced info. My question....in the internet connection/speed sufficient that I will be able to attach it(actually I have to download it to a drop box) and transmit it.

This is an unplanned trip, booked yesterday, I don't want to stress to about rushing to get the paper done by tomorrow. However, it is too important to miss a deadline. Does Nassau have an internet cafe near port?

I have taught classes for the University of Phoenix on a RC, NCL and DCL. You may have to try a few times, but you will get your stuff sent. I'm not going to tell you it's good technology...it's not. You may want to bring a USB zip drive so you can try one of the ship's idiot boxes if your wireless fails you. There are several hot spots on the ship. I am embarrased to say that I take a Dell along...software engineer.

I'm not going to tell you it's good technology...it's not.

I think it is! Being online in the middle of the ocean! :)

Be careful, the ship sometimes looses it's connection (Technical Difficulties). So if it is REALY urgent, and a blip in connection with the MTN Sat will be disasterous - i would get it done before hand, or if you can, arrange to have it sent in Nassau

I agree with the above poster. We found the internet to be slow and intermittent. I don't think we had a connection that lasted long enough to send that size document without some type of interruption.

Get it done ahead of time if at all possible and then forget about it and enjoy your cruise.

Just back from our cruise today, no problem with the internet. I sent it on our Nasssau day just in case there were issues I could go on land. However no problems at all, I even had some last minute research. The speed was fairly decent, no its not like my at home high speed, but it was faster than old fashion dial up.

I wish I could report good news but I used the wireless internet while I was on the Wonder last December and like the other's have said, I found it extremely spotty. There were a couple of times when everything went smoothly and I was able to upload photos and do email with no problems but other times I ended up being online a lot longer because the connection was so slow and I eventually had to reconnect and start from scratch (20 minutes of internet and $$$ down the drain).

Having the wireless internet is a great convenience and somewhat of a luxury if you're trying to communicate with home and stay caught up on email but I wouldnt rely on it for work unless you're not worried about the cost of it).

Archived