Caribbean Princess Dolphin D528

GlennPgh

We just did the 8/21/04 CP Western Caribbean cruise in D528. The cabin is port side, midships, with everything on the left as you enter the cabin.

The good: A great room steward (Joey), and lots of storage under the bed for suitcases. and I LOVED the balcony and the tub.

The bad: Really poor air conditioning; huge pieces of tile coming off the bathroom floor; frayed edges and stains in the carpeting. Also, the tender boats that they use are actually the lifeboats, and one of them is located immediately under the cabin. In Princess Cays, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, the room shook and vibrated violently while they lowered the lifeboat.

I'd probaby choose to go more with something more forward, like D510 next time.

Wow! That sounds pretty bad for a brand new ship. Did you report your findings in regard to the condition of the room to anyone on the ship? I would have been calling the Purser's office to let them know. I was under the impression that things were done to maintain these ships, like refastening tile and cleaning carpets even while the ship was in service. I will be sorely dissappointed if my cabin is in the state that you described when I sail on the CB next April.

Archived