Hurricane Javier and the Pride

kajsb

If this smaller hurricane follows the tracking map, the Pride may not be able to tender in Cabo on Friday. :( I also wonder how it will affect their cruise into PV and Mazatlan. Anyone encountered a situation like this on the Pride?

[img]http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/ep200413.gif[/img]

I just got an e-mail from Randi of Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan....She said that the Pride made a change in this weeks schedule due to rough waters in PV. They will be going to Ensenada instead of PV. I called Carnival and they confirmed this, they also said that cruisers were not offered any sort of compensation. They also said that they expect the hurricanes to quiet down in October, but they cannot quarantee anything. What a bummer....I would be really sad if they had to skip PV. I have decided to not book any excursions that I have to pay for in advance. Ranid's Happy Horses does not make you pay unless you take her tour, so we are going to keep our reservation with her. I will keep everyone posted if I hear anything else.

Tracie

Thanks for the update Tracie. Ensenada instead of PV, what a disapointment. :( But, it's all out of Carnival's control and that is the risk that a cruiser takes when cruising in hurricane season. I'm sure they will still have a wonderful cruise.

From Carnival website

CARNIVAL PRIDE – 9/12/04 DEPARTURE (seven-day cruise from Long Beach) Revised Itinerary
9/12 – Long Beach
9/13 – At sea
9/14 – Cabo San Lucas
9/15 – Mazatlan
9/16 – At sea
9/17 – At sea
9/18 – Ensenada
9/19 – Long Beach

Archived