Transfers from FLL to pier in Miami

tooner1977

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and spending a couple of days before our cruise on the Majesty. Has anyone had the experience of just meeting the transfer people in the baggage claim area that didn't fly in the day of the cruise? Will RCCL let us do this? We would just like to take the hotel shuttle to the airport and meet them there the day of the cruise as we would feel safer taking their transfer than taking a cab all the way to the pier. I tried contacting Royal Caribbean by e-mail but they have not answered my e-mail. Thanks.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and spending a couple of days before our cruise on the Majesty. Has anyone had the experience of just meeting the transfer people in the baggage claim area that didn't fly in the day of the cruise? Will RCCL let us do this? We would just like to take the hotel shuttle to the airport and meet them there the day of the cruise as we would feel safer taking their transfer than taking a cab all the way to the pier. I tried contacting Royal Caribbean by e-mail but they have not answered my e-mail. Thanks.

It should not be a problem for you to do as you have planned.

Another option to consider is the Go shuttle. I flew into FLL one day prior to my last cruise and took thier shuttle from baggage claim to FLL to the Miami pier for $18 on the morning of the cruise. The company has kiosks at numerous locations at the baggage claim and you can just walk up and tell them that you'd like to go to the Miami pier. The shuttles are 15 passenger vans. The vans are plentiful and run every 15 minutes or so. I arrived back to the baggage claim around 10:15 and waited less than ten minutes before the shuttle departed. There were 3 other passengers onboard who were dropped off at 2 hotels in South Beach first, but I considered it a nice little sighseeing tour prior to my pier drop-off.

If you have 3 or more passengers traveling, you might want to consider thier private car service, which runs somewhere around $64 for 3-4 people. http://www.goairportshuttle.com/about_us

On the return leg back from the pier to the airport, I used the cruiseline transfer, which I purchased onboard.

Hope this helps.

Archived