Couple of questions about cruising with a group

Cruise, J.D.

This will be our first time cruising with others. There will be a total of 7 of us. 4 in one cabin and 3 in the other.

1. How do we ensure that we all get assigned the same table in the dining room? Is the TA suppose to link the bookings or something similar? When I made the reservations I chose the same dining time for both cabins.

2. Can we switch cabins if we both happen to like the others better? If not formally at the purser's desk, then any problem doing it informally by just trading room keys?

Thanks!

CAll and tell the TA to link the reservations. If you did not use the same TA, you must get your friend's booking number before you call your TA.

As far as switching cabins, noone does a cabin check - my only thought on just switching rooms keys is that :

Some cains only sleep 3 and some only sleep 4 - that could be a problem with the switch

On most ships your room key is also your charge key. So in other words, when you give your friend "Bob" your key, you are also giving him a chance to charge it up on YOUR card. Say he goes to buy a few drinks, he will give YOUR card to charge it on. THink this could be a big problem. Unless you plan on going to whole cruise without buying something. (which I dont think will happen)

EDITED TO ADD: If you are talking about your Holiday cruise, this may not apply to you. I think she has seperate keys. Im sure someone on here can answer this for you.

Thanks!

They should be linked because I booked both cabins with the same TA at the same time. He knew it was a family cruise. I will call him to make sure - but I bet he did. I just wanted to make sure we didn't need to do something else when we got on the ship.

Yes, I am talking about the Holiday. We went on the Holiday in 06 and had separate room keys and S&S cards. If it is the same, that shouldn't be a problem.

Since it is booked as a group, your travel agent will be able to put in a specific dinning request. They will actually get to put each person at a specific table and ensure that the tables are all near each other. I'm an agent and i did all of this for my own family cruise this summer. This is an added perk of traveling as a group!

Since it is booked as a group, your travel agent will be able to put in a specific dinning request. They will actually get to put each person at a specific table and ensure that the tables are all near each other. I'm an agent and i did all of this for my own family cruise this summer. This is an added perk of traveling as a group!

The original message stated that it was 7 people in 2 cabins so it was more than likely not booked as a group. So long as the TA cross referenced the two reservations, there is a 99% chance that they will be at one table.

Archived