Luggage question post cruise?

Loves Snorkeling

We are returning from our AOS cruise and have a late fly out, 5:05pm.

Any suggestions on stowing our luggage?

I was even thinking of renting a car and visiting El Yunque Park.

If we are off the ship by 9am -9:30am, will we have time to visit this park?

Since our flight leaves at 5:05pm, I am assuming that we would have to be at the airport for 2pm.

Any feedback is welcomed!

Thanks,

Paul

If you do self-assist (or what ever that cruise line calls you taking your bags off yourself), you can get off the ship even earlier.

You can rent a car- there are some car rental agencies that will do shuttles from the pier if you want to do the rainforest on your own.

You will have time to do a decent tour of the rainforest if you start earlier enough- it takes about 1 hr to get to/from SJ and the rainforest.

You should get to the airport no later than 2 hrs before the flight leaves.

So if you can start off toward the rainforest by 9:30a, it gives you 3 hrs there- enough to do a hike to the waterfall, go up the Yokahu tower and explore around.

If you rent a car, you can always check your bags in at the airport and get your boarding passes before you head to the rain forest. Then later, you can get to the airport later (1 hr before).

Or if you decide not to do the rainforest and just want to hang out and tour Old San Juan, you can stow your bags at Barrachina restaurant (a few blocks from pier 4). I believe there is also a luggage storage right across the street from Pier 4.

My day trips travel blog may give you ideas and info that will help in your planning. http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com

If you do self-assist (or what ever that cruise line calls you taking your bags off yourself), you can get off the ship even earlier.

You can rent a car- there are some car rental agencies that will do shuttles from the pier if you want to do the rainforest on your own.

You will have time to do a decent tour of the rainforest if you start earlier enough- it takes about 1 hr to get to/from SJ and the rainforest.

You should get to the airport no later than 2 hrs before the flight leaves.

So if you can start off toward the rainforest by 9:30a, it gives you 3 hrs there- enough to do a hike to the waterfall, go up the Yokahu tower and explore around.

If you rent a car, you can always check your bags in at the airport and get your boarding passes before you head to the rain forest. Then later, you can get to the airport later (1 hr before).

Or if you decide not to do the rainforest and just want to hang out and tour Old San Juan, you can stow your bags at Barrachina restaurant (a few blocks from pier 4). I believe there is also a luggage storage right across the street from Pier 4.

My day trips travel blog may give you ideas and info that will help in your planning. www.puertoricodaytrips.com

Thank you for your ideas.

This site has been a wealth of information!

Archived