Grocery or Discount store between MIA and Port?

bnjrsmom

We are taking a taxi from the airport to the pier but wanted to stop at a grocery or discount store to pick up a case of water. But I would rather have an idea where I am going instead of relying on the cab driver to take us.

If you google miami grocery stores, you'll find the locations. Your best bet is nearer the airport as downtown Miami can be congested with no parking while you run in to a store. There are stores near the port if you want tho.

There is a Winn-Dixie right next to the Dolphin Expressway which is the freeway you take from the airport to the seaport. It's right in the area of Jackson Memorial Hospital. Your taxi driver should know it immediately since he no doubt has driven right by it a million times. :) I'm not sure which exit you take to stop there and the the 17th Street bridge is closed and under renovation, but your driver can tell you if that will make this stop an obstacle. Otherwise, there are two Publix grocery stores downtown, not too far out of the way. One is right at the end of an exit ramp off of I-95. Again, your driver should know these places well. All of these stores have their own parking lots I wouldn't expect congestion on a weekend, and not much in these areas on a weekday. I shop at both Publix stores and have never had a traffic issue, not even during rush hour on a weekday.

Be prepared to pay the taxi fare based upon time and distance rather than the fixed price from Airport to Seaport since you'll be taking a diversion.

Archived