Would like to see monkeys

LeonardNYC

Hi!

I heard there are monkeys on St Kitts. Both me and my wife are big animal lovers and would love to see the monkeys.

Is Turtle Beach our only option to see them and also spend time at the beach?

Seems like Turtle Beach is pretty far from the cruise terminal. How long does it take to get from the cruise ship to the Turtle Beach by taxi?

Is there any other place near the cruise terminal where we can see the monkeys and then just go to one of the closer and nicer beaches on the Caribbean side?

Many thanks!

several years ago we went to turtle beach, loved it! the monkeys took a while to show up because someone brought a dog with them. be sure to bring unsalted peanuts with you. (maybe some other stuff from the ship)

now,,, though, bad news the bar is still not open, the owner is still working on fixing up his other bar. I was not able to get a time when it will be open. the beach is OK to go to , but there most likely will not be lounges or a bar open.

the van ride was $15 round trip pp (but this was years ago) & took about 30?? min to get there.

I can't remember the web site, but try a search & send off an email to the owner.

I have not heard of any other place for monkeys

Hi!

I heard there are monkeys on St Kitts. Both me and my wife are big animal lovers and would love to see the monkeys.

Is Turtle Beach our only option to see them and also spend time at the beach?

Seems like Turtle Beach is pretty far from the cruise terminal. How long does it take to get from the cruise ship to the Turtle Beach by taxi?

Is there any other place near the cruise terminal where we can see the monkeys and then just go to one of the closer and nicer beaches on the Caribbean side?

Many thanks!

We actually saw monkey's along the road on the S. Peninsula. Saw a few more at Turtle Beach (When it was open).

Have a few pics in our webshots album...St. Kitts 2007.

The drive (35-45 minutes) to the Southern Peninsula beaches is well worth it. Be sure to visit Cockleshell Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be in St. Kitts the end of March & hoping to see the monkeys. Does anyone have the current status of the bar at the beach? How is construction coming along?

Also is it possible to stop at Turtle beach & see the monkeys even if the bar is not open & then head to Cockelshell beach?

Archived