What does the code "Bright Star" mean?

Karshrimp

I sailed last week, and effective February 1, Carnival has changed all of their codes. They felt it was silly to hide what was going on, so now Medical Emergency is just called as "MEDICAL EMERGENCY" (we did hear this a couple of days later, someone had a Stroke) and Man Overboard is going to be "MAN OVERBOARD!". That one makes the most sense, as you want as many people as possible who can see something or someone in the water to know about it immediately.

They had an extensive training session while we were in port this week to go over everything, including the Captain coming on the speakers during an Abandon Ship drill where he gave the order to Abandon Ship (without saying it was a drill). Hopefully no one slept through the part several minutes prior where they said it was going to be a drill!

Edited by otown14

I sailed last week, and effective February 1, Carnival has changed all of their codes. They felt it was silly to hide what was going on, so now Medical Emergency is just called as "MEDICAL EMERGENCY" (we did hear this a couple of days later, someone had a Stroke) and Man Overboard is going to be "MAN OVERBOARD!". That one makes the most sense, as you want as many people as possible who can see something or someone in the water to know about it immediately.

They had an extensive training session while we were in port this week to go over everything, including the Captain coming on the speakers during an Abandon Ship drill where he gave the order to Abandon Ship (without saying it was a drill). Hopefully no one slept through the part several minutes prior where they said it was going to be a drill!

Brite Star still in place on our Feburary 2nd cruise on the pride

After searching I found "Bright Star" is a death or serious medical emergency. I like the term "Rising Star" because it just seems respectful for someone who past away but I couldn't find it.

AHOY SHIPMATES

BRIGHT STAR is simply an UPGRADE from'' TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR''

used on all cruise lines except DISNEY