Question about dance bands on the Island

mauiedin87

There's a group of 6 of us who'll be on the 19-day Panama Canal cruise out of L.A. April 21 to May 10. We're all experienced and vigorous Latin dancers (also Argentine Tango) and wonder who the dance bands are on the Island Princess at this time and what kind of music they play. On the Island to Hawaii last year in March/April, there were two small bands playing in the Wheelhouse Lounge. One of them (Jana and Danny) was great, the other one really boring, but we know that bands are usually hired for only a season, so we're interested in hearing from anyone who has heard the current ones and is willing to report.:)

DH and I are also on that sailing and were also wondering about the dance bands. I'm hoping my post brings this thread on top again since no one has responded to your request for information yet. See you guys on the dance floor.:rolleyes:

I cant answer your question but be sure to watch the Patters. On our Hawaii cruise they were doing a ballroom dance contest, kind of like Princess Idol but on a smaller scale.... We missed it in the Patters, and did not see it until they had already picked the final contestants...to bad.... But it sounds like it might be something fun for you guys to do.

I cant answer your question but be sure to watch the Patters. On our Hawaii cruise they were doing a ballroom dance contest, kind of like Princess Idol but on a smaller scale.... We missed it in the Patters, and did not see it until they had already picked the final contestants...to bad.... But it sounds like it might be something fun for you guys to do.

Hi Ginagirl:

Didn't get any actual responses yet, but I posted this question in another location as well, where a TA was asking what kind of questions she could ask Princess during a big travel show. If I get any answer, I'll make sure to mention here what she said!

Hi Ginagirl:

Didn't get any actual responses yet, but I posted this question in another location as well, where a TA was asking what kind of questions she could ask Princess during a big travel show. If I get any answer, I'll make sure to mention here what she said!

Hi Mauiedin87,

Thanx for any feedback you receive.

Archived