Cambodian visa

harbormaster

We are taking a SE Asia cruise February 14 -28 on Seabourn. We then will fly from Singapore to Siem Reap for a few days to see Angkor Wat.

We knew we needed visas to enter Cambodia and intended to wait in line to get them at the airport in Siem Reap.

However, I came across this website:

http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

and yesterday morning I submitted the information for the visa and scanned in our passport photos.

I got the visas last night via email - in just one day!!! What great service. I printed them out and they will be in our passports. This will allow us to go right through without waiting to obtain the visa. They even took paypal.

If you plan on this trip, I highly recommend using this service.

Just thought I'd share.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Has anyone had any problems with E-Visa at the custom services in getting into Cambodia at Siem Reap? We will be going there in July. It is much easier to apply for a visa online. We always worry with the possibility of losing the pass port through the mail. With online services, you don't need to send in the passport. It is cheaper too. Our travel agent doesn't recommend the online application. We don't know why. The only thing that we can think of is that the custom people might not recognize the E-Visa. Then we will have to apply at the Siem Reap airport. Any info will be appreciated.

Jim

Hello,

Has anyone had any problems with E-Visa at the custom services in getting into Cambodia at Siem Reap? We will be going there in July. It is much easier to apply for a visa online. We always worry with the possibility of losing the pass port through the mail. With online services, you don't need to send in the passport. It is cheaper too. Our travel agent doesn't recommend the online application. We don't know why. The only thing that we can think of is that the custom people might not recognize the E-Visa. Then we will have to apply at the Siem Reap airport. Any info will be appreciated.

Jim

There have been reported problems with the E-Visa. Some officials are NOT sufficiently familiar with the process.

IF you are flying into Siem Reap (Bangkok Airways, maybe???), visa on arrival at the airport is pretty darn easy. Super nice, new, small airport. And you will LOVE the way they handle your carry ons in security. They actually band your bag after it has cleared the x ray machine. Saves A LOT of hassle in other airport security areas. Make sure you have a couple of extra passport pictures with you.

Archived