Internet use and cost

old grump

On the Voyager April 30, Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona and wondered about the ease of internet use in cabins with my own laptop, also Cost. Appreciate any help!

Also, since I'm in the question mode, hotel recommendations in Barcelona for a post cruise stay

I was on the Navigator in December and can share those prices with you.

The internet packages included a 250 minute plan for $50, or a 100 minute plan for $25. You could also choose to pay as you go for $.35 per minute.

The system was easy to set up for in-cabin use. On my particular cruise round trip from Ft. Lauderdale, I had reliable internet service.

Here is info from AT&T website, they offer coverage on the Regent Cruise Ships. You should have service as long as you have an AT&T device (Including Black Berry) that works on the frequencies listed. Also if you have an international feature active on your line allowing you to call and roam internationally. They have these features for free and ones that you can pay for to discount your roaming. If you have an AT&T air card for your laptop it will also work, but will probably be slow, close to dial up speed. Here are their rates while on the ship (If I have broken any rules in the forum by posting this, I apologize, I did not know):

Regent Cruise Line INTERNATIONAL WIRELESS CARRIERS, COVERAGE, AND SERVICE Network CarrierCoverageAvailable ServicesTechnology & FrequencyRegent Cruise Line Mariner Onboard ship.

Voice

Data

2-way text messaging

GSM/GPRS 1900Regent Cruise Line Navigator Onboard ship.

Voice

Data

2-way text messaging

GSM/GPRS 1900Regent Cruise Line Paul Gauguin Onboard Ship.

Voice

Data

2-way text messaging

GSM/GPRS 1900Regent Cruise Line Voyager Onboard ship.

Voice

Data

2-way text messaging

GSM/GPRS 1900You may not be able to place calls to international destinations other than United States while roaming in this country. Calls can be completed within the visited country and back to the United States.

INTERNATIONAL WIRELESS ROAMING PER MINUTE RATES Roaming:

Calls Placed/Received

While in Regent Cruise Line

AT&T Standard International Roaming $2.49AT&T

Data Usage:[/b]All GPRS pay per use rates are $.0195/KB

Text, Picture and Video Messages:Send Text Message$0.50 per message sent

Send Picture and Video Messages $1.30 per message sent

Receive Text, Picture and Video MessagesHome pay-per-use or package rates apply to all text, picture or video messages received when roaming internationally. .

Rates are in USD per minute and do not include applicable taxes and fees. To avoid incremental toll charges while on a cruise ship, please ensure that you have an international roaming feature activated on your account.

Archived