Question on booking a last minute cruise

Hello all! I have a quick question and I am hoping some of you more experienced cruisers could help. My wife and I are considering booking a last minute RCCL cruise and we were looking for any advice in doing so. The cruise we are considering is a 3 day cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas and it leaves two weeks from tomorrow. My question is since we are already only two weeks away, should we consider booking it now at the rates published online, or should we wait another week or so? Also, are there any good agent recommendations for last minute RCCL bookings, or does everyone have the same rates? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

If you really want to go and are happy with the rate, book now. Many ships sail full and you might miss the opportunity if you wait. I doubt you'd save that much on a short cruise anyway. They tend to run more $per day than longer cruises (from my research anyway).

there isnt a lot of benefit to booking a RC cruise last minute...for the most part it seems that the ships sail close to full anyways...leaving not much to be discounted....but RC is known to do much last minute discounting anyways.

We booked a short 4 night cruise on Monach in October for $169pp...now the same cruise in the same category is $279pp...so waiting doesnt always work out

We booked the Fantasy for 1/31 last weekend. About 2 days after we booked, the inside rooms (which we booked) jumped up about $60 per person. About 2 days after that, all the inside rooms were gone and they only had ocean views at about $100+ more per person.

I'd book now, and if the price DOES drop, call about an OBC for the difference (if RC does that...i've only sailed Carnival)

Archived