Extending Holiday In Fort Lauderdale

mps69_1999

We're arriving in Fort Lauderdale, in November, after our Transatlantic cruise and intend staying 5 extra days.

I've been looking at this site here but I don't know what areas to avoid, what areas are good etc.

We're just looking for a "nice, clean" hotel. We do intend to do a bit of touring around the area. Is it a good idea go get something near the beach, or near the port or near shopping malls, if there is any.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Me, my husband and our four kids stayed for five nights at Marriott's Beach Place a few years ago. It was very nice and right on the beach. The hotel is actually in the middle of an outdoor shopping mall, so there were some stores and some places to eat right there. We liked it and it was very clean.

We're arriving in Fort Lauderdale, in November, after our Transatlantic cruise and intend staying 5 extra days.

I've been looking at this site here but I don't know what areas to avoid, what areas are good etc.

We're just looking for a "nice, clean" hotel. We do intend to do a bit of touring around the area. Is it a good idea go get something near the beach, or near the port or near shopping malls, if there is any.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

If you look for posts from Bequia, she has a listing of hotels, restaurants & websites on her blogspot. With her listing & the website that you already have, it would probably give you some good ideas.

Archived