When to cruise Hawaii

Ann&Chris

Hello everyone

Chris and I are from England and, whilst I've been reading the forums for a while, have only just registered on Cruisecritic. We are thinking about cruising Hawaii next year on Norwegian Wind but not sure whether to do this in June or September. Does anyone have any views as to which month might be better? Would also appreciate any advice on the two itineraries - is it worth doing the 11 day cruise with the extra port or the 10 day cruise but try to spend a couple of days in Honolulu pre-cruise? There could be some serious jetlag here, given that the flight from London is around 20 hours!

Thanks for any advice

Ann

I have cruised Hawaii in March/June/November. I think out of the months you are looking at I would choose September mainly because the kids are back in school and there may be less tourists. Weather is not really a issue since it would be pretty much the same in those months.

I think with your potential jetlag situation I would suggest a few days in Honolulu to get acclimated to the time change!

We just got off a Sept cruise. Supposedly Sept is one of their hottest months, but then I think the temperature doesn't have much variance during the year. I agree with the comment that it is a lower tourist season because of school vacations. That would be the clincher for me, out of those choices. But Dec - Mar you can see the whales if that attracts you and you aren't stuck choosing between just Jul and Sept.

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising on the Wind in December. I am planning shore excursions and am concerned about the water temperature at that time of year. We want to tube the ditch, snorkel, and my daughter wants to "Catch a Wave". We are from Florida and we usually don't get in the water unless the water temp is in the 80's. I don't want to spend a lot of money on excursions just for us to be miserable and cold.

Archived