How many ships in port on May4th, Seattle, #30

buckspc

Could someone tell me how many ships will be in port and at Pier #30 on may 4th and may 11th? Do they all disembark at the same time? What time should I be off the ship for a 12:30 pm flight? I know there is a ballgame on the 11th but not on the 4th, does that make much difference? Thanks, Buck

Could someone tell me how many ships will be in port and at Pier #30 on may 4th and may 11th? Do they all disembark at the same time? What time should I be off the ship for a 12:30 pm flight? I know there is a ballgame on the 11th but not on the 4th, does that make much difference? Thanks, Buck

Per the information at http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2008/SEA_08.pdf, there will be 2 cruise ships in Seattle on May 4th (1 at pier 30), and 3 on May 11th (2 at pier 30). They all depart at the same time, and arrive within an hour of each other.

For a 12:30 flight, for which you will have to check in at 10:30, will have at least a 45-60 minute drive to the airport and may have to stand in a TSA screening line for more than an hour (Sea-Tac is notorious for horrible delays in screening), you might want to start hoping that they will let you off the ship first, when they start disembarkation at around 8:30 to 9:00. But the only way they are likely to is if you are willing to do the self-disembarkation, which means handling all of your luggage yourself without assistance, and you may still have a wait for transportation to the airport, because the taxi/shuttle lines are pretty long.

Terminal 30 is off of 1st Av South, which means that you will have a bit of a drive on surface streets before you can get to the freeway. Both will, undoubtedly, be seeing quite a bit of pregame traffic, as people are jockeying for the parking spots that charge less than $30-50 for game day parking, and a good many of those are off of 1st Av South and under the West Seattle bridge, which is one of the main routes to the freeway from Terminal 30. And there is also quite a bit of bus traffic, both from the cruise terminal and to/from Sea-Tac, which adds to the traffic jams on cruise days. And Terminal 30 is also in the freight/cargo part of the port, so there is also increased train and truck traffic, which is not an issue down at Pier 66.

Archived