Beware of Final Billing Hiccup

CatServants

Evidently X is having some financial SOFTWARE difficulties involving the fuel surcharge.

Our final pymts were due for 3 linked reservations. My FIL called, made his final pymt, no problem, $0.00 due, Paid in Full. My SIL doesn't have internet access at home, so we accessed her res thru "My Celebrity" and told her the amount due. She said she would call X and asked us to double check her account in the AM. When we checked her res the next day, it showed $70.00 due. My SIL said when she called X, the rep told her she was overpaying and reduced the amount of her final pymt. OK. X is confused, call them back. Oops, X is closed for MLK Day. We (OK, I) made the $70.00 payment for her thru "My X". I printed out the financial sheet showing "$0.00 due". About 10 minutes later, I again accessed her res thru "My X" and, OMG! Instead of showing $0.00 due, it now shows an OVERPAYMENT of $70.00!:eek:

I called X on Tues. The X rep said the $70.00 transaction had occurred twice. She told me it couldn't have happened unless I had gone back into "My X", ignored the "$0.00 due", input $70.00 into the pymt window, and made a 2nd $70.00 pymt. Huh?:confused: Didn't happen. "OK, it must have been a computer glitch. We've credited $70.00 back to her credit card. Thank you for you patience."

I sent an e-mail to my fabulous X Personal Vacation Planner (XPVP), "Please research and call us for our final pymt" (only I used a lot more words!;)). Our XPVP found the 2 $70.00 transactions and the $70.00 credit. She was upset that the X rep had mistakingly reduced my SILs final pymt (wanted his name) since my SIL could have lost her cabin. She assured us that my SIL was now Paid in Full. OK, our turn.:rolleyes:

Our XPVP called my DH for our final pymt. I had printed out all our res/cruise info since making the res in Jun 07 (everyone ALWAYS should!) including all pymt info. The amount our XPVP gave my DH as our final pymt was less than the amount given by "My X". He told her to "dig deeper". After several minutes of computer work on her part, the amounts suddenly reconciled. The "My X" amount was correct, the original amount given to her (the X rep), by her (X) computer was INCORRECT. She was stunned. She was also very concerned about the number of res which may have been impacted by this software glitch and the number of pax who may have unknowingly lost their cabins since their "Final Payment" may not have actually been "Paid in Full".

Obviously, this isn't an earth shattering problem, but it does seem as though the X financial software is having, at least occasional, difficulty with the fuel surcharge. I recommend everyone keep close track of the amount of, and double check your, final pymt. Do your own math and warn your TA. As far as I can tell, most X reps are unaware of this possible problem. Still, this problem occurred with 2 of our 3 reservations. Odds are we aren't the only ones.:rolleyes: Good luck and...

Happy cruising!

Denise

Thanks for bringing up the topic. I thought my case was isolated but I see it is not.

1.When I made final payment on line, for some reason Celebrity billed me twice. They took 2 final payments. It was a real mess to clear up and have my extra payment refunded.

2.Another incident was that I spoke to an agent to remove our fuel suplement since we had a Canadian booking which met all the qualifications for no fuel supplement. She did that and sent me a new statement showing 0 to pay. Now when I look at this res. it still shows the fuel supplement. So I will have to call an agent again.

very frustrating!

Thanks for bringing up the topic. I thought my case was isolated but I see it is not.

1.When I made final payment on line, for some reason Celebrity billed me twice. They took 2 final payments. It was a real mess to clear up and have my extra payment refunded.

2.Another incident was that I spoke to an agent to remove our fuel suplement since we had a Canadian booking which met all the qualifications for no fuel supplement. She did that and sent me a new statement showing 0 to pay. Now when I look at this res. it still shows the fuel supplement. So I will have to call an agent again.

very frustrating!

2 final payments?!:eek: My DH would have had a stroke! Good luck with the fuel supplement. You must be very frustrated!

Happy cruising!

Denise

PS - Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone and not crazy. Well, not alone.;)

very frustrating!

Hi there,

Can you clarify point #2....no fuel supplement since you had a Canadian booking???

Thanks

Hi there,

Can you clarify point #2....no fuel supplement since you had a Canadian booking???

Thanks

"For Canadian bookings, the fuel supplement only applies to bookings made on or after November 16, 2007, for sailings that depart on or after February 1, 2008."

The above quote is taken from the X website. I had booked 2 cruises before Nov 16th and made final payment. Therefore, fuel surcharge is dropped.

Archived