Deck size, Milli CC 8177?

seaco11

Greetings,

First time cruiser here! We're excited to be booked for Alaska, 8/15/08 and have some ?'s- tried the search with no luck, but pleaser direct me to threads if discussed before.

• Anyone have any + or - comments about the room? Not much choice at this point, but there were a few on sky deck, and more on the non-port side (whats that side called?) of the ship.
  • Deck- looks small! Is there room for a lounge as well? If so, how do we get one (or 2?)
  • Cell service- have Sprint and Verizon. Can I expect service? Especially on my TREO (Sprint with my online service pac) so I can send pics via email)

Thanks in Advance! These boards have been so informative and I look forward to using all the info as we pack, book excursions, and othrwise plan our 1st cruise.

Hi Seaco11,

Welcome to what I hope is one of many future cruises. Your cabin is a C.C. cabin which has enough room for a lounge chair and regular chair but could be a little tight. You'll have to make that call. Ask your attendant as soon as you get to your room for a lounge if there isn't one. You'll have the setting sun as you start your cruise and the sunrise as you end it. The cabin itself is quite nice and on the M class, the rear (aft) of the ship should not be an issue. The panorama deck is a great deck. You won't get potential noise from the 10th deck. Walk up two decks each morning and have a few waffles....they're the best !!!!! Or bring them back down to your room and eat them:D. Can't answer your phone questions as I always leave mine home.

Have a wonderful cruise and let us all know how you liked it and hope to see you in the Carib. some day.:D

Barry

Cell service- have Sprint and Verizon. Can I expect service? Especially on my TREO (Sprint with my online service pac) so I can send pics via email)

If you go to your cell phone company's site and find their "international roaming" page they should list the ship and show the rates if it is available. Don't know about data nor data rates, but usually the call rates are $2.50 a minute if available but can vary by carrier.

I recently had the privilege of being in Cabin 8177 on Millie. It was on the Transatlantic out of Barcelona. First of all, I agree with BarryOD's assessment of the balcony size. We didn't try for a lounge chair, but I'm sure there would be room for one, but definitely not two.

Our cabin steward was Silvano. He's from India, and did a very good job. We rarely requesting anything from him on our two week cruise, but he did come through on those few requests. He had an excellent (but brand new) assistant, and I'm sorry I don't remember his name. Given contract cycles, you may not see either of them. But if they are aboard, please say hello from Larry and Carolyn - from the Dec. TA.

Back to the room, it's in good shape. You'll see numerous postings from some Cruise Critic posters that the Millennium is in need of repairs/replacement in such areas as carpeting, linens, etc. That may be true, but my wife and I thought it was in great shape.

Please take advantage of the great breakfast room service menu offered to CC cabins. We had coffee and tea most mornings in the room, and a full breakfast on most days.

Congratulations on your choices. You've obviously done some homework. The combination on this cabin, with Celebrity, on Millennium, and mid-August is a fantastic combination. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE GREAT WAFFLES! (For all you caps freaks out there - I'm not yelling. Caps are frequently used for emphasis - or, at least they used to be.)

Enjoy your cruise.

Larry and Carolyn

I so appreciate everyone's responses!

Barry- Alaska has been a destination my husband has been wanting to travel to for many years-we've never been particularly interested in cruising, but I agree that once we go, we'll probably be hooked and will be booking South to get out of Boston winters! From reading the Alaska boards though, seems we'll probably be wanting to return there asap.

Thanks for you info on the decks and veranda (which I referred to as a "deck" :eek: ).

Lsimon-yikes, 2.50 per minute (I did check the Sprint site). Won't be sending any emails or pics from the TREO. Emergency calls only! Thanks for the info.

Larry and Carolyn- how nice to get the info from you on our exact cabin! Glad it's in good shape and you enjoyed it. We are so looking forward to leisurely breakfasts (WAFFLES!) in the cabin/veranda looking out at ALASKA!! We will certainly give your regards should Silvano still be there. Thanks so much for the specific info.

Ellyn

Archived