Just did Eco Outrage Tour (Island Marketing)

jenrand

We just returned from the Western Carribean. We did the Eco Outrage tour in Grand Cayman. It was just myself, my DD16, DS7 and DS4. We had an awesome time. We went to Stringray City, but it didn't go over well with my kids. The water was rough and the rays freaked them out so we went to a snorkeling spot. My DD and I snorkeled for a while but it was a little to rough for my boys. John Michael stayed in the boat with them so we could snorkel. Then we went to Rum Point to have lunch and relax. We stayed there for a while, while we were there John Michael was digging up starfish for my boys. When we returned he had like 8 of them and my boys had a blast holding them. We then went fishing on the way back. It was so nice to have the boat to ourselves and do whatever we wanted to. We would like to do this again some day.

We just returned from the Western Carribean. We did the Eco Outrage tour in Grand Cayman. It was just myself, my DD16, DS7 and DS4. We had an awesome time. We went to Stringray City, but it didn't go over well with my kids. The water was rough and the rays freaked them out so we went to a snorkeling spot. My DD and I snorkeled for a while but it was a little to rough for my boys. John Michael stayed in the boat with them so we could snorkel. Then we went to Rum Point to have lunch and relax. We stayed there for a while, while we were there John Michael was digging up starfish for my boys. When we returned he had like 8 of them and my boys had a blast holding them. We then went fishing on the way back. It was so nice to have the boat to ourselves and do whatever we wanted to. We would like to do this again some day.

I just wanted to "ditto" this review. We did all the same stuff, sting ray city, snorkeling, starfish beach, and lunch at Rum Point. The only exception was that the water was calm. I would also add that he was right on time with the pick up at the Blue Iguana. We were on one of the first tenders and did a little shopping before he got there.

Our crew, mom, dad (me), ds11, and dd8, did this excursion January 14. I booked w/John Michael because I feared we would have the same experience with the kids and sting rays. And we did. The kids were freaked out by the sting rays. We stayed there maybe 30 minutes and then went snorkeling. We weren't stuck with a large boat of cruisers and the kids stuck on board.

The snorkeling was great, too. Saw 3 HUGE lobsters under the coral, sand dollars, flounder, and lots of colorful fish and coral. DW and DD floated on the tube while John Michael, DS and I snorkeled.

We didn't do the fishing but I went tubing on the way out to sting ray city. It was a great day. I would definitely book with him again.

• 1 month later...

I've heard a lot of positive things about this tour - we're seriously considering this for our trip to Stingray City. A couple of questions - I'll have 2 girls with me, 6 and 3. Do you see any problems with having kids this young on this tour?

And - on the other end of the spectrum, my mom is going as well. She's got some knee/hip problems and is concerned about getting on and off of the boat. In the pictures, you can't really tell if there's a ladder/steps or whatever. Does anyone remember what that was like and was it difficult getting back on the boat from the water?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

So glad to read these positive posts! I've got this booked for my cruise in January. (booked it awhile back to make sure we got it ;) )

I'll have a 5, 7 and 13 yr old. I imagine they'll stay on the boat when we get to the stingrays, as they've watched this on a Travel channel cruise show and weren't overly excited at the thought, lol.

So excited to just have our own boat, especially when there are 7 ships in port that day! :eek:

We plan on doing some trolling as well.

We took the 3-hour tour last month - 5 of us, with kids ages 16, 11 and 8. We went to Stingray City first; 8 YO stayed on the boat (he has eczema and the salt water irritates his skin - he can wade without a problem) and 11 YO went in briefly then went back on the boat. The rest of us had a great time with the stingrays! John Michael shows you how to feed the stingrays - you don't have to if you don't want to, though. we were a good distance from the large tour boats and each of us got "up close and personal" with the rays. Then we went to a reef for snorkeling; again, younger two sons stayed on the boat, but John Michael dived down to bring up a conch to show them. The snorkeling was great! Finally, we went to Starfish Beach. I think the young kids would have a great time there. It's very shallow and calm, and the sand is the softest I've ever experienced. We saw a group of six starfish - big ones - and John Michael shows you how to hold them. If you have questions about the tour, John Michael's e-mail is jmvbs@candw.ky.

Archived