Millennium - Bayahibe Beach - Casa De Campo

Dave&Robin

Has anyone recently done the Bayahibe Beach getaway excursion with the ship in Casa De Campo? We will be there on the Millennium in March and I was looking for some more information.

Specifically I'm wondering what is included in this excursion? The Shore Excursion book isn't very descriptive. Is it just a bus ride there and back with a beach chair? Or do you have access to other things, ie. open bar, facilities such as pool, washrooms, food, etc.

I've been checking the Ports of Call boards but can't find anything specific to Celebrity's excursion.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Robin

Here is a copy of one of my recent posts:

"Caribbeanbound provided a lot of good info. We were on the Jan 13th sailing. We went to Bayahibe Beach on our own. The public beach is right next to Casa Del Mar Resort. If we had to do it again we would take the ship's beach tour. The public beach did not have any restrooms or restaurants, at least what we found. There were several little huts that sold trinkets, and you could buy a drink from them. It was $10 pp round trip and the taxi driver waited there for 2 hours. (Another $15 for a third hour) The resort next door looked great. I would go there next time.

Also, Casa de Campo Resort is closer to the ship. They sell day passes for $40 if the resort is not full. The Conceirge (not tour desk) on the ship has info."

I also did a review of the cruise Just back from the Millennium on Jan 20th. There is another post with a similar title. Mine was done around Jan 24. Just search for posts by NormanB. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Hi normanb,

Thanks for the reply, I have read your review. I am leaning towards doing the Bayahibe beach excursion with the ship, but I'm trying to find more information regarding the excursion itself.

Celebrity's excursion site doesn't say too much except there is bus transportation and a lounger.

I was looking for feedback from someone who has been on the ship's excursion who could tell me what all was included in this if anything other than the bus/lounger.

Thanks for your input though it's good to know that we are looking in the right direction as opposed to during this one on our own.

Thanks

Robin

Robin,

My sister and I did this excursion last year while on Connie. It was OK - not great. They gathered about four buses worth of people for a ride - took about 1/2 to 45 minutes. The guide told us about the country as we went. At the resort, they gave everyone a towel and a beach chair and unlimited rum punch - not great, but full of rum. The beach was OK - not the best in the Caribbean - the sand was nice and white. You could do water sports for an extra charge paid to the locals. My sister and I opted out of a boat ride to a snorkeling location because we couldn't recruit others to go with us and the boat guy was kind of skeevy. The resort had a nice pool area, but it was very crowded. There were some vendors selling local products (abalone necklaces, wooden trays, beads, etc.) between the pool and beach area - they were a bit pushy. If I were a guest at the resort, I wouldn't be thrilled with busloads of cruise passengers taking over my space. Overall, it was an OK excursion - could have spent more time on the beach...After the excursion, we took the shuttle into the marina area of Casa de Campo - very pretty, nice little shops - not worth spending a lot of time there.

Hope this is helpful.

Jeri

Has anyone recently done the Bayahibe Beach getaway excursion with the ship in Casa De Campo? We will be there on the Millennium in March and I was looking for some more information.

Robin

Hi Robin,

When are you sailing in March? We're sailing on the Millennium on the 9th! Can't wait!

Heather

Archived