A Bit Apprehensive...but cruising again after NORO

LisaH

Here are some of my tips:

Use your elbows before fingertips or knuckles to press elevator buttons. If there are other people in the elevator and that seems too odd for you to do, ask them to push the button for you. ;) Kunckles are better then fingertips but people still rub their eyes and mainly use their knuckle area to do so.

Do not use the handrails. If you have to, use your less dominant hand. If you have long sleeves (not likely on a cruise) cover your hand with your sleeve while holding onto the rail.

When washing your hands do so for at least 30sec and never ever turn off the water with your clean hands if the faucet is not automatic. Leave the water running and get your paper towels, dry off your hands and then turn the water off with the paper towel. Use your paper towel to open any doors leaving the bathroom as well. Then toss it in the trashcan with your foot holding the door open. If you need to press down a lever to get papertowels try and do so before you wash your hands or use your forearm/elbow to do it.

When pushing doors open, use your body, not your hands.

Do not use the table seasonings - ask for single packets.

Specify NO LEMONS - thanks Robyn!

Talk to little ones about germs and ask them not to play with their mouths. A very hard thing to do but it can't hurt to try to instill that in them before cruising - or really anytime at all. Have your kids wash their hands before leaving Kids Club.

Wash your hands before you go to the buffet but once you sit down and get ready to eat, use purell before you dig in. Think of all the germs on those serving spoons you picked up.:eek:

Try and eat at the dining room for breakfast and lunch more or order room service as opposed to buffets all the time.

Wipe down your remote control, phone, sink faucet, shower door knob, safe knob, cabin door knob (both sides) and balcony door knob (both sides.) They are the most likely to have some nasty germs on them in your room.

I know it seems like I am a germaphobe but most of these come naturally to me now. The wiping down the cabin stuff is new to me though. Not sure how much it will help but it certainly can't hurt.

Archived