Splendour Comments

We sailed Splendour out of Venice that same week last year (11/17/07). It was a Greek Isle itinerary.

Spendour is a great ship -- while it may not have all of the eminities of the larger ship (specialty resturants, skating, water slides), she has been very well maintained and has one of the best crews in the fleet.

Since the weather in November in the Mediterranean is a bit cooler than other destinations, you can get some great deals (both on the cruises and in ports). We were generally the only cruise ship in each of the ports so 1) we had no tendering, and 2) there were no crowds. Temps ranged from mid 50's (evenings on sea, further north) to the mid 70's.

We sailed the week of American Thanksgiving -- the majority of the pax were American. The week before the CD told me it was quite the opposite with over 70% of the pax European.

We had a marvolous time and would cruise Splendour and the Med (at that time of year) again in a heartbeat.

you gave some good notes.

I'm wondering IF the Splendour has converted the Card Room into a Concierge Lounge (as has been rumored)?

Ports: Dubrovnik, Santorini (tender), Tunis, Malaga, Casablanca. embark in Venice; disembark in Lisbon. we are not doing a pre or post night, but are doing the air with RCI, so hopefully we won't have any problems. 10 nts with the air taking a night to fly, so that's 11 nts away from home. we can't spare any extra time away from work, but I do wish we could. If you did any of these ports, can you offer some touring thoughts? I hope our weather is good but it's supposed to be the rainy season. we got an excellent price for this booking and don't understand why we only have 6 signed up for the meet/mingle.....

you gave some good notes.

I'm wondering IF the Splendour has converted the Card Room into a Concierge Lounge (as has been rumored)?

Ports: Dubrovnik' date=' Santorini (tender), Tunis, Malaga, Casablanca. embark in Venice; disembark in Lisbon. we are not doing a pre or post night, but are doing the air with RCI, so hopefully we won't have any problems. 10 nts with the air taking a night to fly, so that's 11 nts away from home. we can't spare any extra time away from work, but I do wish we could. If you did any of these ports, can you offer some touring thoughts? I hope our weather is good but it's supposed to be the rainy season. we got an excellent price for this booking and don't understand why we only have 6 signed up for the meet/mingle.....[/quote']

Not a rumor! It is a concierge lounge. We've used it. Enjoy :)

Archived