Royal Dolphin Swim question

kel24

We have a party of 8 doing the Royal Dolphin Swim on 4/14. There are two people coming with us who are just going to the park, not doing the swim. Will they be able to watch us? How close can they get? Would it be close enough for them to take pictures and video for us?

TIA

They can observe from the pier, with an observer pass, but they can't take pictures or video from there. They can try to take pictures from the beach, but it's pretty far out. You can bring your own waterproof camera in with the dolphins and take your own pictures. But the ones they take of you are very good and with your party of 8, you will be the whole group with the dolphins, s the video will be just of your group. You can bargain with them on the cost of the photos and video.

Is that because they don't allow it?
They don't allow observers to take pictures, but if you are swimming with the dolphins, you can bring in a waterproof camera and take your own pictures. From the beach, you can take pictures, but you would need a pretty good telephoto lens!

They don't allow observers to take pictures, but if you are swimming with the dolphins, you can bring in a waterproof camera and take your own pictures. From the beach, you can take pictures, but you would need a pretty good telephoto lens!

Thanks, I have a digital camera with an u/w housing but I'm thinking that might be kind of bulky to keep with me during the swim, although I would love to bring it with me. We also have a dSLR with a telephoto lens that DH could use while DD and I do the swim but it depends on just how far away the beach is (it's not a super telephoto lens but it has a pretty decent reach).

Jeanne,

If you want to see what the dolphin area looks like, email me at rsmdianne at yahoo dot com and I'll email you the pictures I took from the beach before we did the swim.

I sent you an email, would love to see some pictures so I can get an idea of how far the beach is from the swim area.

Thanks!!:)

We did the Royal Swim last year and we were NOT allowed to have our cameras with us on the platform. You may want to call and confirm so you won't be disappointed. Standing on the boardwalk your friends should be able to get some good pictures, but honestly, the video they put together is really nice. They will take you straight from the swim to an A/C room to watch it. A little expensive, but worth it IMO.

This is a view from the boardwalk:

2670940100064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

And the pictures they take:

2969502180064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2074391220064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

We are going to Cozumel in may, and would love to do the dolphin swim, we went to discovery cove in orlando big $$$$$$ but well worth it, heard that doing the dophin swim in Cozumel is great. Can anyone tell me how much it cost for adults and the website??? thanks so much!

We had a lot of fun sitting on the boardwalk and taking pictures of the Dolphin swim. They have lockers you can put your stuff in after. 149.00 Royal Dophin swim ,and includes the 16.00 entrance fee.

Dolphindiscovery.com and Cozumelinsider.com has a 2.00 coupon.

We used the coupon towards the entrance fee, I just loved this park.

Do You Have To Pay For A Observers Pass?
In January of '07, an observer ticket cost $30 through princess (and included transportation to the park as well as park admission), and DW was allowed to bring along a small camera and take pictures Those of us in the water could bring small waterproof cameras as well (as long as they were attached to the life jacket). Here is a picture that DW took with an observer pass:

dolphinswim.jpg.026a2576a34b0cfd9bda7437a1805308.jpg

Archived